Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing out hair question about awkward stage?
02-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Growing out hair question about awkward stage?
I have a question about growing my hair out. do guys recommend to just let your hair go and grow it out to what length you want or as barbers suggest going in every month and getting it trimmed? the only problem that I have letting it go is that the sideburns and napeline (neck line) starts looking sloppy. If you give could please give some suggestions that would help a lot thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: Growing out hair question?
Nah mate never go to the barber if you plan to grow your hair long. Only go in if you damage your hair and the tips are split. This happens if you bleach your hair or you use heat styling products every day.

I suggest for your sideburns to get yourself a hair clipper. I should not be saying this since i'm a barber myself but you will save a lot of money by having your own hair clipper and not going to the barber. If you're going to simply get your sideburns trimmed then you will save a lot of money with the hair clipper.

By going to the barber to trim your hair every month you're just delaying your hair growth. Getting split hair tips as a guy is very difficult too so there is no need for you to go to the barber if growing your hair long. However if you want to keep a given haircut like a long bowl cut then you can go every once in a while to keep the haircut shape.

Have a look at the hair clippers thread and go with any of the recommended hair clippers http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...-good-ones
03-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Let it grow! Patience is key, don't be tempted to go to the barber, it will really make the wait longer in the long run.
08-27-2015, 02:22 PM
I tried getting it trimmed a couple of times when I grew mine out and it just hindered me. Just let it grow out. It will be awkward for a bit but it will be worth it.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing hair help! spearsurf 1 218 10-06-2016 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Growing out undercut TenMess 0 646 05-29-2016 06:22 AM
Last Post: TenMess
  Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy thickheadedandhaired 3 1,380 05-02-2016 04:24 PM
Last Post: Refrusloi
  Aye hair length question BiggieB 2 419 02-20-2016 05:39 PM
Last Post: JonSnow1