Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type
06-26-2015, 06:47 AM
Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type
Hey dudes!

I have been wanting to grow long hair and have a man bun for a good 3 years now, but unsure if I could pull it off due to my hair type.

I have fine thinnish hair, no hair loss, just always had fine hair growing up, wondering if there anyone out there who has any advice if it's possible or not, I can post pictures of my hair if needed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2015, 02:39 PM
You can grow an epic manbun hairstyle with fine hair or thick hair!
Hi there and welcome! Hair type isn't specific to how thin or thick your hair is. Rather, hair type refers to the shape of your hair. Have a look at our popular male hair type guide and identify which hair type you have, whether it's straight hair, wavy hair, coiled hair or kinky hair.

In any case nor hair type nor hair thickness (i.e. fine hair) have anything to do with your ability to grow your hair long and style a man bun on your head. If you happen to have fine hair (which is very difficult to know unless you look at your hair under a microscope) you will have some problems with achieving volume and size on the bun itself. However, that's provided that you also have a low hair density; in fact, hair density is what people usually refer to when talking about having thin hair or thick hair, but that's another topic which we have covered in this forum already and even mention it in our hair type guide.

The take-home message here is that you can absolutely grow your hair long and get a man bun. We have a huge man bun hairstyle guide with lots of advice and pictures of man buns that will give you an idea of how the manbun looks on different hair types, hair lengths, hair densities and hair thickness. So go through our man bun guide as it's actually the internet's reference for this particular hairstyle! Smile

Lastly, the minimum hair length for a man bun is 10 inches of hair length. What that means is that you will need at least 10 inches of hair all around your scalp to be able to tie a man bun. However, if you want a top knot hairstyle or a man bun undercut hairstyle the minimum hair length is 8 inches and not 10 inches as per the (full) man bun.

By the way, I've upgraded your account so that you can post and embed pictures of your current hair so as to give us a better idea of the state of your hair and your potential to grow an aesthetic man bun. Simply upload your pictures to a free hosting site like IMGur (takes seconds as there's no need to register an account) and then embed the pictures here or post the links.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-11-2015, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 01:13 AM by Bsrfitness.)
RE: Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type
How do I post pictures? Sorry for the super late reply.
03-13-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type
Hey lads, i need help growing my hair.
My hair is about 2mm on the sides, and about 4cm on the top, except on the front my hair is about 7cm, so should i cut my hair from the top to 4cm totally, or should i keep my front hair longer?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing and growing now need some cutting Jawad21 24 7,131 04-17-2016 12:30 PM
Last Post: Jawad21
  Chronicling my long hair journey jaysen_ 6 1,112 12-28-2015 12:42 AM
Last Post: jaysen_
  Short hair to long Journey shahrukhch1 21 9,388 12-15-2015 03:56 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Please Help- growing hair out and it looks rats fluffyhairedguy 6 1,703 12-15-2015 03:51 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c