Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing hair help!
10-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Growing hair help!
Hi all,

I am attempting to grow my hair out while maintaining a professional look, since I work in the world of corporate business. The last couple haircuts I got, I asked the stylist to keep it long on top… Basically not touch the top… And trim up the sides and clean up the edges and sideburns etc. The last cut I got, the guy went a little short on the sides to the point where I basically had the hipster kind of long on top short on sides. The ideal look I am going for down the road is long hair past my jaw line right to about my shoulders. I just don't know how to get there without looking messy or having the sides of my hair look all feathery and sloppy. I'm ok with the long on top because I can slick it back. It's just the hair around the sides and in the back that is giving me trouble. My question to you is, can I continue to grow the top out and keep the sides and back trimmed? Will I eventually get to the same place? Or do I need to just go through the awkward phase and let the sides and back grow? Just keep in mind, I need to keep that professional look because it is my company policy. I'm trying to figure out a way to get around that and grow my hair out and still look professional. If you were me, what would you tell the barber to do at my next cut?

Also on another completely different note… I've always wondered what it would be like to perm my hair? Not the type with small curls, but more the way the big curly locks. Have any of you guys ever tried perming your hair with the chemical stuff? Does it work? Does it look good? Thoughts?

Thank you so so much for your help and advice!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Growing hair help!
You can grow out top whilst shaving sides. I shave my sides every 3-4 weeks on 3 milimeter guard. My hair on top is about 10 cm long and slicked back while going to the side a little.
Do you want undercut on the sides,or just trim them up every once in a while?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing out undercut TenMess 0 565 05-29-2016 06:22 AM
Last Post: TenMess
  Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy thickheadedandhaired 3 1,262 05-02-2016 04:24 PM
Last Post: Refrusloi
  Growing out hair question about awkward stage? shahrukhch1 3 3,395 08-27-2015 02:22 PM
Last Post: Eatel
  Any tips on handling awkward stage of growing out Hair shahrukhch1 14 32,390 03-23-2015 11:16 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1