Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Growing and growing now need some cutting
06-30-2014, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014 08:54 AM by Jawad21.)
Growing and growing now need some cutting
I have not been to the barber since 28 january, because it was hectic with school etc.
But since its almost over I wanted to finally to discuss what kind of hairstyle would suit me.

I have let it grow for quite some time, my hair type is wavy and very very thick black hair. I`ve always had the boring look, but now I want to show my character too.
The hairstyle I really like is the hairstyle that looks messy and wavy. I`ve read all on the internet about certain things for heart shaped guys, like they need a bit longer hairstyle and some facial hair. No problem with the facial hair, only its hard to picture your own face with different hairstyles.

I do not think I can post any pictures of myself atm and pictures of how i want it because of not enough posts. I would really appreciate it if TMHF could let me post it on only this one. I could have waited a bit longer and letting my hair grow but some family members are poking me all the time saying: Hey Fabio. -_- (cuz its now hard to handle the hair)

The hairstyle I would like is long and manly, that the hair only touches my shoulders. But if there are better longer hairstyles that would suit me, ill take it.
And I dont really know how to put an image here, if anyone could advice me on this 2? sorry about this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Growing and growing now need some cutting
Ive read how to put the images, but do i have to upload my image to the internet first than put an url link at TMHF? I only have the image on my pc.
06-30-2014, 09:02 AM
O and ive got very thick hair.
07-15-2014, 08:15 PM
You and I are basically in the exact same boat. Thick wavy hair. Before my hair got longer, it was basically just a huge weird sort of fro. Post up some pictures when you can, I want to see how your hair is coming along. Maybe we can both find good styles at the same time haha.
07-16-2014, 06:17 AM
Yeah we can do that, but at the moment i cant send any pictures, because i do not know how.
Ive read how to do it, and it says you need to have 50 posts or ask an administrator. I dont have 50 posts, but ive tried to do it and i dont understand the way to put pictures.
07-18-2014, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 08:13 AM by Jawad21.)
(07-15-2014 08:15 PM)link7188 Wrote:  You and I are basically in the exact same boat. Thick wavy hair. Before my hair got longer, it was basically just a huge weird sort of fro. Post up some pictures when you can, I want to see how your hair is coming along. Maybe we can both find good styles at the same time haha.

You should also look at hairstyles that suit your face shape, Squire, round, triangle, heart, diamond, oblong, oval. these are it i think, just search it and find a hairstyle you like.

More than that I cant say, im no expert, just green as grass.

Oh and before i forget, look if youve got wavy, curly straight types. or how thick it is. the best way to find about it is from manlycurls, his site also helps alot, but the forums here also. so look both.
07-31-2014, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 12:43 PM by Jawad21.)
K update:

Ive bought the moroccan oil hydrating styling cream of which themanlycurls spoke of.
At the moment ive only used it for short periods. For the real test tomorrow, i will use it and look if it actually stays right and can be styled again during the 12 hours.
Also i will be monituring how much i need to use (remember i have 6 inch very thick wavy/curly hair, believe me, even my new hairdresser told me she hasnt seen anyone with this thick hair and that i should be very gratefull (meh)) every time. It costs 35 euros, quite expensive.
08-08-2014, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 01:13 PM by Jawad21.)
Update:

K Ive found out that Maroccan oil hydrating styling cream is better than the products I used in the past, like murray hair wax or gel or pomade or matte. With the gel my hair just curled up, with the oil it does not enhance the curl, but there is still a downside. Because I have a wavy/curly (between) very very thick hair, it loses its composure (front side) quite fast. So for the people who have same hair as mine, this is a no go.

I think I used it right, used it at dry hair after washing it. I will be trying other things, anyone have some suggestions? Ill try to mix it with hairspray, look what happens than.
09-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Welcome in the club! I have very thick hair too. I had a lot problems with it in the past. Now I use moisturising and sleek conditioners (I change it very often - the best so far for me is matrix total results sleek) and it's a lot easier to style my hair.
12-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Also have thick hair. Sometimes I go in and have the stylist just thin it out a bit and clean things up. I've notice if you let your hair get long enough the weight it adds actually lets you do a bit more with it (more than I imagined I could). My advice is just let it grow for a bit and see what it does, then get a style that you like and fits your face.
12-18-2014, 05:46 AM
Thick hair is hard to manage, especially in the winter, one gust of wind and your hair is finished. I have been using hairspray in different methods to try.
1: Washed hair + dryed it fully, used only hairspray and let it work in for 15min: results at school with bad hairdo.
2: Washed hair + dryed it fully, used maroccan oil and hairspray, let it work in for 15 min: same results
3: Washed hair + dryed until it became damp, used maroccan oil, hairspray and a matte: Better results, the front stay better but the sides are still a problem.
4: Washed hair, let it airdry for 5 min (wet but not dripping), did the same as 3, same results.
Keep in mind that this is done in the winter.

Conclusion: styling your hair while your are letting it grow (for thick hair) is something you can not win. So i will look for a hair accessoir to keep my hair in check in the winter. Also at the methods i also used some other oils. This is the status, and i will be updating it soon again. Any suggestions and i will try them out.
01-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Update:

Bought a straightener just to try it out, i think that this is alot better than using all those hair products every single time.
When you straighten your hair, it does take some time because you need to get used to it. But after a while the time it takes to straighten your hair gets shorter. So when you need to go to school the next day, it takes a considerably less time to get ready, like 20 min. It is easier to tame when it isnt that curly, btw i didnt straighten it alot just to make sure its doable.

I think i just need a new hairdresser, because after straighten it a bit, i found out that the cutting wasnt done good.
As a styling product i am using a matte and sometimes combine it with a mouse.

Pro: easier to maintain, use alot less time styling your hair, a big ghust of wind will ruin your hair but its easy to style it again on the road.
cons: hair does get a bit in the way, straighten your hair too much and it looks fake.
01-17-2015, 12:43 PM
(01-17-2015 12:00 PM)Jawad21 Wrote:  Update:

Bought a straightener just to try it out, i think that this is alot better than using all those hair products every single time.
When you straighten your hair, it does take some time because you need to get used to it. But after a while the time it takes to straighten your hair gets shorter. So when you need to go to school the next day, it takes a considerably less time to get ready, like 20 min. It is easier to tame when it isnt that curly, btw i didnt straighten it alot just to make sure its doable.

I think i just need a new hairdresser, because after straighten it a bit, i found out that the cutting wasnt done good.
As a styling product i am using a matte and sometimes combine it with a mouse.

Pro: easier to maintain, use alot less time styling your hair, a big ghust of wind will ruin your hair but its easy to style it again on the road.
cons: hair does get a bit in the way, straighten your hair too much and it looks fake.

Congrats with the hair straightener experience!

Yes, you will find if your hairdresser has been giving you good haircuts when you straighten your hair. The reason for this is that, when hair is straight, the overall shape of the hair is evened out and thus any bad cuts are shown. With non-straight hair (wavy/coiled/kinky), the curved shape of the hair can mask some minor mistakes with the cutting, but with straight hair all mistakes show up.

Which hair straightener did you end up getting in the end?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Well i used a Babybliss pro sleek expert liss or curl.
I am still testing a bit, trying to find out what kinda of a hairproduct i can use without having to clean my hair . Cleaning my hair will bring the curls back, i am happy with my curls, but just wanted to try something else out. Pictures will be coming soon, straightend and my rebellious curls.
01-21-2015, 06:03 AM
(01-19-2015 12:56 PM)Jawad21 Wrote:  Well i used a Babybliss pro sleek expert liss or curl.
I am still testing a bit, trying to find out what kinda of a hairproduct i can use without having to clean my hair . Cleaning my hair will bring the curls back, i am happy with my curls, but just wanted to try something else out. Pictures will be coming soon, straightend and my rebellious curls.

Yes, that's a good choice for a hair straightener!

For curly hair, usually a hairstyling cream works the best, I recommend this one HERE as a solid hairstyling cream for curly hair (and affordable compared to other hairstyling cream).

For the record, you can use a regular conditioner to clean your hair if you don't want to shampoo. Simply coat your hair with the conditioner when you jump in the shower, leave the conditioner on without rinsing for 2 minutes (in the meantime continue cleansing your body), then rinse the conditioner. While the cleansing action on the hair from a conditioner isn't as strong as that from a shampoo, you can still use a conditioner if your hair isn't dirty or too greasy or plastered from product use.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-11-2015, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 12:34 PM by Jawad21.)
Took me some courage to put some pictures, and searched how to put in pictures, so here we go.
I`d like to get it longer but can not seem to find what style fill fit my face exactly, any suggestions? Will try to get shoulderlenght hair. It is hard to find for a face with a South Asian face.
Here we go:

The first picture is when I lost a bet and did not shave for a month. Did not have a hairstraightener, so i used alot of wax to keep the mycurls in check. (did never work)
[Image: IMAG0167_zps39cb04a3.jpg]

The second is taken today at night (not good camera). Used straightener + the mousse of the menshairforum + matte.

[Image: IMAG05131_zpsspfgnprj.jpg]

[Image: IMAG05141_zpsv5hpoiyw.jpg]
02-11-2015, 12:49 PM
[Image: IMAG03641_zps7hozt633.jpg]

I found an even earlier picture, you can see that i used alot of wax to keep the curls in check.

Will begin fitnes and gain some weight.
02-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Also, do i have to cut the behind to avoid a mullet?
02-11-2015, 10:57 PM
your hair is looking good bro! good to see a fellow brown person with the same hair type as mine. First for suggestions, I think andrea pirlo and nacho figueras(google him) have awesome hairstyle that are shoulder length that look great and would suit you. Idk if you know shahid kapoor but he used to have awesome long hair as well. you can search them up and see what you like. As for cutting the behind, I would leave it until you decide on what hairstyle you want. then go in and they will even it all out. Im growing my hair as well so I know how it feels having really thick hair.
02-12-2015, 02:11 PM
thnx for the suggestions, now ive got some pictures which i can folow and combine it with my own twist.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type Bsrfitness 3 7,766 03-13-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Eetu00
  Please Help- growing hair out and it looks rats fluffyhairedguy 6 1,693 12-15-2015 03:51 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Long hair journey to growing a man bun! WesleyGarrett 5 1,803 09-18-2015 07:07 PM
Last Post: WesleyGarrett