Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing a thick full beard a sign of high testosterone levels?
06-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Growing a thick full beard a sign of high testosterone levels?
Hi forum experts! If one isn't able to grow a full thick beard, is that a sign of low testosterone levels? What I mean is not being able to close the beard shape.

I've posed a picture below (it isn't me) of a guy who cannot grow a full beard. You can see that the sideburns and facial hair on the sides of the face do not meet the mustache and hair on the upper lip. I have seen this in some guys and even on myself where no matter how long we grow our beard the facial hair of the beard will remain disconnected.

The stereotype of a high testosterone dude is that of having a muscular body with a thick and full bard shape and a grossly thick haired chest. But is that how it works in real life? Is not being able to grow a full beard and get it connecting all parts of the face a sign of low testosterone? I tested my testosterone and they were fine, they were in the 700s when the lab range was 200 to 1000 units for healthy testosterone levels in men, if I remember correctly, so I would be an exception then if this stereotype is true. Or am I missing something?

[Image: fEYLkPT.jpg]

[Image: rMr3Ixm.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2015, 09:31 AM
RE: Growing a thick full beard a sign of high testosterone levels?
This is a great question, and one that I had asked years ago myself. Testosterone plays a part in hair growth, but the hair pattern is genetic. Additional hair follicles won't form where there were none based on the presence of testosterone. Beards are what beards are. The difficulty we have in our culture is that we're told from the time we're hitting puberty what handsome is, what manly is, what cool is, and for many of us, we were brainwashed that the muscular, hairy male was the true sign of virility and masculinity. It's such a lie, and just like we chose to believe it, we can choose to refute it. The beard trends have changed over decades and generations and are different in various cultures. We each get what we get. Some are Sasquatch, others are chin strap, some just do goatee, others cannot grow facial hair at all. If you take out the cultural aspects and the biases of media and TV, the real issue is that we each dig ourselves the way we were created and choose not to get jealous of what we think "normal" or "best" is. We can appreciate each other, but all said, you're a man with or without a specific density or an absence of beard, and whatever you have you get to have a blast with it--whatever it is don't sweat anyone else. Clean faced, full or sparse...own it...it's yours alone...no one has it but you!
07-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Well I doubt a hipster who has a foot long full beard has more testosterone than killers in prison who can barely grow a moustache haha Smile Every guy is different, some just have more facial hair than others
07-19-2015, 01:58 AM
One of my friends has a hard time growing facial hair while he plays a bunch of extreme sports while his brother just plays video games all day can grow a beard pretty fast. I believe it's all about genetics and not testosterone.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What beard trimmer? Hublocker 0 71 11-21-2016 04:42 PM
Last Post: Hublocker
  Can I grow skyrim beard Skyrimbeard 1 147 11-15-2016 11:47 AM
Last Post: Cemmos
  Patch in beard Zaryhf 0 213 10-15-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Zaryhf
  Facial hair and beard styles stereotypes in the media - Report The Hairstylist 0 206 10-09-2016 09:07 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist