Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time?
08-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time?
Hello I am Damon, so basically the question is, I want to grow my hair straight and long to shoulder length. I kinda have wavy hair at a medium length and it's really hard to style it. Basically I didn't cut my hair for about a year. I want to Grow my medium wavy hair like AXL ROSE. Really long!!

Please if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. Approximately how much does it take to grow wavy hair or straight hair from a medium length to shoulder length?!
Thanks a lot!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time?
A couple months easily... I'd say between 6 and 9 months.
10-03-2016, 09:37 AM
RE: Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time?
It depends on what you call a 'medium length of hair'. It seems like most guys are confused about how long their hair is. Medium length hair is about 1/3 of what we call shoulder length hair.

To give you an idea: medium length hair is two to six inches long. From six inches and up it is called long hair. Shoulder length hair is twelve inches long, give or take two inches. If you truly have medium length hair, let's round the number up to four inches which is 1/3 of twelve inches. So you've got eight inches left of hair growth to grow from medium length hair to shoulder length hair. Easier said than done, right?

Eight inches of hair length is almost two years of hair growth. This depends on your genetics. The average hair growth for men is half an inch every month. But some men grow their hair very slowly, around one-quarter of an inch every month. Other men have some impressive hair growth and can get three-quarters of an inch easily. Your diet and your overall health will also affect how fast your hair grows. Your diet and overall health will also affect how long your hair grows.

Ok so for you to grow your medium hair to your shoulders you're going to require 1.5 years to 2 years if your hair is four inches long.

This forum is very helpful for folks like you and even us hairdressers and you can read up on this forum's guide about men's hair lengths. This is the link: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...m-and-Long

The guide has been taken from a book called 'The Men's Hair Book'. It's a great book for any guy wanting to improve his hair, let alone guys who want to do what you're proposing to do.

If you want to grow your hair straight from wavy hair, you're gonna need to straighten your hair. There are a wide range of products to straighten curly hair and wavy hair for men, but the best products are flat irons combined with some permanent hair straightening product. There's also a lot of information on this forum about hair straightening methods, including a guide on flat irons: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...rs-for-men

There is a thread in which I've posted that talks about straightening curly hair. The person who started the thread also went on to talk about his experience and he posted pictures of his straightened curly hair. There's a pretty good discussion on that thread too that will be of your interest: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...en-Options

Finally if you want to know more about wavy hair and straight hair, read this guide about men's hair types: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...Kinky-hair

This hair type guide has also been adapted from the men's hair book. It's the best guide for hair types and we use it to work with both male and female customers.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing out my hair. Skyro 0 142 11-11-2016 06:14 AM
Last Post: Skyro
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 7,389 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Advice Needed. First time long haired journey arfaad 0 368 08-14-2016 03:38 PM
Last Post: arfaad
  Hair Length Inconsistency and Haircut Advice (Growing Long Hair) tombanter 0 361 08-04-2016 09:44 AM
Last Post: tombanter