Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy
12-23-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 10:24 AM by thickheadedandhaired.)
Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy
Hi all--

This is my first post on this forum, so I hope I get some responses Smile

I'm a 20 year old male, currently living in Germany, but soon to move to Jordan and then back to the US. I'm on my year abroad, and a goal of mine for the year abroad was to let my hair grow out to past 8 inches, and let my beard grow out as well. I'm mainly posting about my hair for now. I have not had a haircut since mid-August, and my hair is now roughly 4,87 inches long on the top (I know this because I took my iphone 5s and pulled my hair taut next to it and they're pretty much the same length!) My hair on my sides is around 3,5 inches long at its longest.

I have incredibly thick hair, mostly wavy (never straight) and with some loose coils. It NEVER wants to go down and has a persistent volume that makes growing a man bun very frustrating as by the end of the day I look as if I've stuck my finger into a light socket. I'm determined to grow my hair out and am not going to give up, but for the love of god, I need help to tame the wild beast that is my hair, (mostly to battle the thickness) to make the going a bit easier. Does anyone have any suggestions/have had the same experience and hair type and knows when it will (hopefully) start to settle down on my head? Am I doomed to have incredibly poofy hair even when I have gotten past the 8 inch mark?

Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas to those celebrating.

Best,
Alex

P.S. I NEVER want nicolas cage's hair, I'm not sure why it says that under my username. I would mostly be Jared Leto's hair wannabe.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: Man Bun. (HELP)
Hey there,

First off I understand your struggle with thick hair. first is you get your hair stylist to thin your hair not cut just then it.

Second if you're washing your hair everyday with shampoo then doing this will keep it having that puffy look since there isn't any oils holding your hair down. Look into something called no shampoo, you'll find plenty of things on google about it.

Try to just wash your hair with water, this will help keep your natural hair oils which help hold your hair down.

Also if you can just try to throw on a hat until your hair gets long enough to weigh itself down. This could take months but it's worth doing.
01-22-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: Man Bun. (HELP)
Hi Alex, I used to face the same problem you just shared. Thick and wavy hair is always hard to tame, specially when you want to grow it long. The solution is that you have to understand your hair at first and how to keep it comfortable. Use products that make your hair soft and smooth, and most of all, you'll have to give time for your hair to grow and achieve the right aesthetics. I am sure that when you get to your desired length, it won't be much of a problem to get your "Man Bun".
05-02-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy
(01-22-2016 12:47 AM)John Martin Wrote:  Hi Alex, I used to face the same problem you just shared. Thick and wavy hair is always hard to tame, specially when you want to grow it long. The solution is that you have to understand your hair at first and how to keep it comfortable. Use products that make your hair soft and smooth, and most of all, you'll have to give time for your hair to grow and achieve the right aesthetics. I am sure that when you get to your desired length, it won't be much of a problem to get your "Man Bun".

The curlier the hair the longer it will take to grow out
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need help to achieve hairstyle - Alan Wilder from Depeche Mode oliharps01 0 179 10-18-2016 04:19 PM
Last Post: oliharps01
  Growing hair help! spearsurf 1 215 10-06-2016 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Growing out undercut TenMess 0 644 05-29-2016 06:22 AM
Last Post: TenMess
  Justin Bieber hairstyle Mobcommcard 1 1,099 05-02-2016 11:38 AM
Last Post: Refrusloi