Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls?
11-20-2016, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2016 01:57 PM by red05five.)
Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls?
What shampoo do you guys recommend for improving hair health?

The reason I ask is because I have shaggy, medium-length wavy hair that I comb/brush on a daily basis to straighten it out a bit (otherwise it looks horrible).

However, as a result I shed a lot of hair (don't know if this is normal because I'm pulling on my hair when combing the curls out?) and I have noticed that I have lost quite some hair volume on the top of my head (when my hair is wet you see a lot of my scalp, which is why I tend to avoid rain, pools and the beach) - so what I want is to minimize the shedding (keep the hair that I have) and grow more of my hair and thicken it again.

I'm guessing the hair loss shampoo type (such as the Nioxin recommended by TheMensHairForum) would be best bet for me?

I would prefer something with natural ingredients (non chemical/sulfates).

I've also seen that there are keratin shampoos/conditioners. Has anybody used these? If anybody could recommend something to combine with the hairloss shampoo/conditioner to slightly straighten my curls and reduce frizz and help with styling it, it would be excellent!

Currently I use the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Restoring shampoo and conditioner every other day.

Thanks guys!

P.s: what site do you guys use to host pictures? I would post pictures but I don't know how to. Thanks once more!

Moderator edit: this posted question has been moved as a single thread for better exposure from the Men's Shampoo Guide thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 438 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 374 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 158 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Tongue is pure shikakai powder good ManojPrabhakaran 0 238 05-09-2016 01:55 AM
Last Post: ManojPrabhakaran