Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair
09-05-2016, 04:06 AM
Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair
Can you guys suggest me a good pomade to straighten my curly hair? I usually blow dry my hair every morning to make it into wavy, because my hair is just too resistant to be straighten. Andrew does hair said that my hair is very unique, but I still want that shiny pomade look. So any good pomade that can straighten me hair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair
I've gotten good results with the deluxe water pomade from Layrite. But then I have wavy hair which is curly hair, but I dunno if you're aware that there are three types of curly hair for men? Anyway, wavy hair and coiled hair are similar when it comes to the hair products to use. That goes for pomades too from the things that I've read in this forum and in the book.

I chose the Layrite water pomade because:

1) It has a strong hold. I'm not looking for an extra strong hold. I think a strong hold in a pomade is the best strength for all types of curly hair. Extra strong pomades should be left for guys with straight hair and not curly hair.

2) Water pomades can help you with moisturizing your curls. That means that you will be able to tame your frizzy hair. The moisturizing effect of water pomades is similar to the moisturizing effect of hair conditioners. Only that hair conditioners are way more powerful but do not have the strength of pomades to hold your curly hair in a hairstyle.

With this water pomade from Layrite, I can get my wavy hair to be less curly hair but it won't make my curly hair totally straight. You need to use a flat iron or a hair relaxer for that, and they have their drawbacks too. I like the texture that I can get with this pomade as it doesn't leave my hair greasy and it makes for some cool slicked back hairstyles. I'm looking for hairstyles that fit my height and I'm finding that slicked back hairstyles work very well.

There's lots of stuff written in this forum about water pomades and the Layrite water pomade that I use. Search the forum as there's so much advice on just about anything that you can think of! There are very useful hair product guides too in this forum. Check the one called: 'Best Hair Products for Men - Epic List'. There are more pomades there and more advice.

Oh and don't use a hair brush when styling your hair with a water pomade. A hair brush will destroy your curly hair and you will have to ultimately cut your curly hair. I talk from experience and I replied in another thread where another curly guy was using a hair brush to try to straighten his curls and he was getting his hair very frizzy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 291 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,856 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 266 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203
  Black Men Haircuts: Disconnected Haircut Ideas for Curly Hair TheMensHairForum 1 305 07-19-2016 12:34 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum