Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good pomade for wavy slicked back hair?
04-01-2015, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 03:35 AM by Dointure.)
Good pomade for wavy slicked back hair?
Hello there,
I have wavy hair with a few curls, I think it's similar to the hair of Matthew Mcconaughey, and I want to achieve a wavy slicked back hairstyle like here:

[Image: C01nEHo.jpg]

Which pomade should I use for slicked back wavy hair? i think I shouldn't use a too strong one because that would flatten my hair.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2015, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 11:53 AM by The Kid.)
RE: Good pomade for wavy slicked back hair?
I have some experience with pomades and the finish that you're looking for with that picture is achieved with one of the water pomades. Right I agree with you in not using a very strong one but I think that has to do more with how you style the slicked back hair. There's somewhere in the forum a really good guide about the slicked back hair style.

I will try to find the guide and post it here as the guide explains how there's two types of slicked back hair. You have the classic type and the modern type of slick back styles. The guy in the picture has a modern slick back style which is done with a comb and then with fingers. You will still need a somewhat strong pomade IMO to keep the hairstyle fixed and with hold.

I've gone thru tubs of the Suavecito pomades and the Layrite pomades, to give you two examples of good pomade brands. I would go with one of Suavecito pomades for slicked back wavy hair. See the thread below for a really interesting chat on the pomades from Suavecito and Layrite. They also recommend one pomade per brand so definitively go with the recommended Suavecito pomade. This is the thread to read:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ice-please

Yup I'm editing this post as I managed to find the famous slicked back hair guide: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...d-Products

It's an awesome read if you're really into pomade hairstyles and classic hairstyles with a touch of our modern times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 327 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,087 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 453 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  Help for growing out wavy voluminous hair! M.R88 0 297 07-21-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: M.R88