Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good mens hairstyle products for spiky hair?
04-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Good mens hairstyle products for spiky hair?
What's up guys, would it be possible to please recommend some good hairstyle products for spiky hair? This forum rocks and the advice is second to none so I really don't know where else to ask such a question and others that I have about mens hairstyles and mens products. I pretty much just trust the advice in this forum as it seems like the internet is flooded with some pretty weird sites on hair for men.

I'm considering a spiky hairstyle for my straight hair after seeing some pictures of spiky hairstyles in the forum. I work in the advertising industry and people are quite relaxed when it comes to hairstyles. You see dudes wearing green hair and others with undercut hairstyles. I've seen a couple of guys at other companies styling some pretty cool spikes so I'm really up for trying a spikes hairstyle in our crazy part of the professional world.

Could you please suggest or recommend some good mens hair products for spiky hairstyles?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2015, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 07:49 AM by Bradley.)
RE: Good mens hairstyle products for spiky hair?
Hi mate you would do best with a hard styling hair gel. A type of gel that really fixes your spikes and leaves them styled up and hard. As a barber I tend to recommend hair gels with a strong hold over styling fibres or styling waxes for spiky hairstyles.

If you look around there are also different shines that you can get with a hair gel so you pretty much are covered in terms of different finishes for your hairstyle spikes if you shop smartly. So long as you stick to a hairstyling gel that has at last a strong hold you will be sorted.

I recommend that you go thru this hair styling gel guide as it reviews some of the best hair gels for men. It has a variety of hair gels from low hold gels to very high hold gels. From the hair gels in that guide I would recommend you get the 'Sexy Hair' one (blue gel in bottle) or the hard 'Mohawk' hair gel. Either of those two hair gels will work great for a spiky hairstyle.

If you're still wanting to use a styling wax then I would recommend that you head over to this Gatsby hair styling waxes list as it lists all the styling rubber waxes from Gatsby that work great for spikey hair. For the best spiky hairstyle, go with the 'number two' Gatsby wax in the list labelled by Jurgen (a mod) as for maximum hold.

If you want some shine in your spiky hair style, go with the 'number four' wax in the Gatsby hair wax list. It's the one that Jurgen labelled as for a strong hold with some shine. That one still has a strong hold to keep your hair spiky and up thru the day while you get some shine which you don't get with the number two wax that I also recommended.

If I were you I would buy the two Gatsby styling waxes for spiky hair. If you're in the UK like me, then you can go thru this other Gatsby styling waxes list from another mod who gives you the best sources from which to get these two Gatsby styling waxes. Again go with the 'number two' Gatsby wax and the 'number four' Gatsby wax.
04-12-2015, 09:26 AM
The best hair products for spiky hair are styling waxes and styling gels!
Like Bradley has very well pointed out in his post above, either a hair gel or a hair wax will work great for spiky hair styles.

With a styling gel you will be achieving a harder drier look, while a styling wax will provide you with a flexible and less drier look. However, a trick to make styling gel give you a less drier look or even wet look is to apply the gel when your hair is damp and almost dripping water.

With regards to hold, both a styling wax and a styling gel will yield pretty much the same strength if you choose your product wisely. Bradley has pointed out to a hair styling gel guide that was posted by one of our barbers and which covers some excellent hair gels to buy if you're interested in buying high quality styling gels that have a differing range of strengths. Of course, the styling gels in that guide (see the link Bradley posted) that Bradley has recommended to you work extremely well for spiky hair.

Bradley in his post above has also linked to a very detailed discussion that we had on the range of the Gatsby moving rubber waxes. Again, the recommended moving rubber waxes recommended by Bradley and listed in that particular thread will also go very well for spiky hair.

You can, of course, consider other products, especially those within the styling wax range, such as hair putty, hair fiber, clay and others, but you will end up confused. I would recommend that you simply go through the 2 extremely-detailed threads that Bradley has linked in his post above and get the hair gel and hair wax that he has mentioned. If you have the budget for it, I really do recommend that you initially get a hair gel and a hair wax so that you can style your spiky hair with both products and make an informed decision as to which product you like the most. All the products recommended are affordable, especially if you buy them from the vendors that we suggest, so you have nothing to lose.

Having said the above, I would also recommend that you consider and use a third product: a hair spray.

A hair spray will allow you to enhance the shape that you create of your spikes. It will also increase the durability of your spikes and make them harder to the touch and even shinier, if you so wish to.

Have a look at these recommended hair sprays for men as I've gone through some of the available best hair sprays. Each of the recommended sprays provides a different texture, which will help you to easily enhance and vary the look of your spiky locks! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 188 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 380 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 253 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 132 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz