Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good hairstyle products for straight hair or thick Asian hair?
04-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Good hairstyle products for straight hair or thick Asian hair?
I'm new to hairstyling and have really thick straight hair, may I ask you what are some good hairstyle products for straight hair? Right now my hair is about two inches long and grown from a buzz cut. I just delayed the haircut because I have been busy with worth but lately I have been getting boring buzz cuts.

I'm a first generation Chinese American and it was worse before though as up until a couple of years ago when I lived with my parents and was in college I would get bowl haircuts. I don't know what's with Asian parents but they're all obsessed with the bowl haircut style. Obsessed would not even begin to describe how my folks loved to take me to our hairdresser to get my hair fitted like a mason jarhead! lol

I'm trying to do something different and cool with my hair. I'm reading the mens hair book and so far I'm really liking it and all the advice, it seems doable for me and I would love to put all that motivation to work and finally get something that doesn't make me look like a nerd.

I wold appreciate if y'all could let me know of some good hairstyle products for straight hair. I call it Asian hair but just because all my family members and Asian friends of mine like Chinese, Japanese and Korean have the same thick straight hair.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 11:37 PM
RE: Good hairstyle products for straight hair or thick Asian hair?
(04-01-2015 01:23 PM)US Asian Wrote:  I'm new to hairstyling and have really thick straight hair, may I ask you what are some good hairstyle products for straight hair? Right now my hair is about two inches long and grown from a buzz cut. I just delayed the haircut because I have been busy with worth but lately I have been getting boring buzz cuts.

I'm a first generation Chinese American and it was worse before though as up until a couple of years ago when I lived with my parents and was in college I would get bowl haircuts. I don't know what's with Asian parents but they're all obsessed with the bowl haircut style. Obsessed would not even begin to describe how my folks loved to take me to our hairdresser to get my hair fitted like a mason jarhead! lol

I'm trying to do something different and cool with my hair. I'm reading the mens hair book and so far I'm really liking it and all the advice, it seems doable for me and I would love to put all that motivation to work and finally get something that doesn't make me look like a nerd.

I wold appreciate if y'all could let me know of some good hairstyle products for straight hair. I call it Asian hair but just because all my family members and Asian friends of mine like Chinese, Japanese and Korean have the same thick straight hair.

Thanks in advance for the help!

This question has been asked before by another user. You can check it out here. Smile
04-02-2015, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 06:07 AM by US Asian.)
RE: Good hairstyle products for straight hair or thick Asian hair?
(04-01-2015 11:37 PM)asianboy Wrote:  This question has been asked before by another user. You can check it out here. Smile

Hey thanks bro I was just going through that thread. It seems like hair waxes are discussed a lot on this forum for thick straight hair. The thread talks about those hair waxes but I would like to also know if there are any other type of good hairstyle products for thick straight hair?

One product that I also see discussed a lot in this forum is the pomade. I read through a forum thread that has all the hairstyle information of the Jimmy Darmody hairstyle. If I'm right Jimmy Darmody has straight hair and he uses pomade according to the forum. I was thinking if I could use that type of pomade for my straight thick hair. What do you think? I'm sure that you know what thread I'm talking about of Jimmy Darmody, or just search in the forum for his name to see the thread and the huge amounts of hairstyle pictures for Jimmy Darmody.

Have you also used other hairstyle products for asian hair? It's awesome we both have the same hair type as I can learn a lot from your posts.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 286 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair falling out while growing long hair with seborrhoeic dermatitis? AwesomeHair 1 171 09-11-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 404 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  Help with styling products for Caesar haircut - Hayden Cassidy hairstyle KIERANHIN95 1 358 07-01-2016 06:59 AM
Last Post: KIERANHIN95