Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good hair spray for men? recommend sprays please
10-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Good hair spray for men? recommend sprays please
I think there was already a thread on this but I cannot locate it so let's ask again. Can you recommend a good hair spray for men? it can be for any or all hairstyles or whatever hair type. Just a reliable hairspray that you can use to help with styling & keep the hair tight.

I am not asking for myself as much as for the benefit of the forum. For me the tigi hair spray that I saw in the products thread is good enough. I am still interested in trying other hair sprays especially if any happen to be exclusive for curly hair. But as said just comment on whatever good hair sprays for men. Ty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2014, 07:24 AM
A list of great styling sprays for guys.
Robert, the days of hair sprays leaving hair as crunchy and hard are over, and there are currently some pretty good hair sprays for men that leave the hair fixed but with flexibility and a natural texture (this is after all, what one truly looks for when using a hair spray).

The TIGI Bed Head spray that you have used (THIS one here) is a solid option for securing the hair. It's more for casual and messy hairstyles, so definitively stick to that one for messy styles for which you want them to maintain the same shape and look all throughout the day.

For a harder look where you're looking to spike your hair or shape it up (brush up hairstyle, blowout a Faux Hawk etc) then you can get THIS other spray that has a stronger hold while leaving a natural texture too. Since you would be already using a strong-hold product to actually style your "up-styled" hairdo, it's thus important to select a hair spray that enhances the strong hold on the hair without turning the hair into cardboard (the latter is the famous effect of the hair sprays and hair gels of the 1980s back when everyone and their uncle would style big hairstyles with hair spray!).

If what you're looking for is added and enhanced shine for your hairstyle, then use THIS hair spray. It adds shine and gloss to the hair without making it look like you're going to some theme party or Halloween party Big Grin If you want a good amount of extra shine to your hair, then go with that spray.

Lastly, for those of you wanting extra volume on your hair, be it because you want a bigger and fuller hairstyle or because you have thin hair (or hair loss), then go with THIS hair spray. This spray in the link gives extra volume to the hair with a strong hold while maintaining a natural texture (this is very important, and this spray does it very well).

There are other hairstyling products for extra hair volume, but, when it comes, to sprays for extra volume, this spray in the link in the previous paragraph is the one to go for.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-12-2014, 08:35 AM
RE: Good hair spray for men? recommend sprays please
Admin thanks dude Smile you're always coming to the rescue.
I'm also interested in keeping a natural texture for the sake of natural curls if the word natural can be included when using hair spray lol that last spray looks like one i may add to my shopping basket next time on Amazon.

For curly hair would you recommend a hair mousse or styling cream? i am talking of using it with hair spray. I use the trick in the curly hair book of the mousse + hair spray for the wet look and it works very well. But in your opinion or that of any other in the house barber... what is the best combination for a consistent hairstyle for curly hair? shake and go or natural style.
05-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Use a styling mousse for a wet look effect and a styling cream for bouncy curls!
Sorry, Robert, for some reason I seem to have missed your last question.

If you want to have your curly hair with a "wet effect" look, then do use a styling mousse. You first style your curls with the styling mousse, and then use the hair spray.

On the other hand, for bouncy and more-natural looking curls, I'd recommend that you get a good hairstyling cream. Just like with the styling mousse above, you first style your hair with the hairstyling cream (aka styling cream) and then finish off your hairstyle with the hair spray. Such a combination of a styling cream with hair spray goes very well for a natural hair style like those with loose curls or medium-length curls with not a lot of holding strength.

Have a look at our thread on the best hair products for men and browse down to the recommended styling mousse (under the section labeled as "best hair mousse") and styling cream (under the section labeled as "best hair cream or styling cream"). These 2 products are not only excellent at what they do but they're also quite affordable, so buying both at the same time is quite possible and won't cost you nowhere near as much as if you had bought those two same products from an actual store in the mall! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-15-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Good hair spray for men? recommend sprays please
What exactly does the John Frieda hair spray (the one that you recommend for more volume) do that the other hair sprays don't?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 52 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 374 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 157 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Tongue is pure shikakai powder good ManojPrabhakaran 0 237 05-09-2016 01:55 AM
Last Post: ManojPrabhakaran