Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor review? experts opinion!
08-20-2014, 05:43 AM
Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor review? experts opinion!
With my thinning I have considered upgrading my razors for facial hair shaving and head shaving too. Looking at the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power, any reviews? this is a safety razor style but also is operated with AAA batteries. The technology used is called flex ball and from the looks of it the shave is closer with contouring... not an expensive razor which is why I am thinking of upgrading.

Also have the old timer razors but being very curious about the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor. SOrry in advance if this is not the best section to ask for razor reviews. Thanks guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 08:43 AM
My review of the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor
For over a century, Gillette has been mastering the razor blade to give the closest shave possible. Over the years there have been quite the number of models, shapes, sizes and many different blade configurations and numbers before they reached perfection with their new high tech Gillette Fusion Proglide.

The battery operated Fusion Proglide Power has six blades and a number of other options designed to give you the closes, irritating less, comfortable shave you have ever had. I hate shaving, but I hate having a beard equally as much. So I tried it out to see if it was as good as they say and worth its steep price.

Only 5 of the blades come in contact with your face during normal shaving. The sixth blade is on the back of the razor to be used for fine trimming. Each of the five blades is on an individual springs which allow them to move independently from one another and safely traverse the contours of your face. I have a few stubborn places on my face which take numerous passes to shave close. The Fusion Proglide Power got them on the first pass. The multiple blades dragging across my face along with the elastometric fins stretching my skin did the trick. I did not have to manually pull my skin taunt (a daily shaving ritual) in order to get my extra close shave.

Ever since the introduction of Gillette's GoodNews razor I have been a fan of the pivoting head razor. The Fusion Proglide pivoting head is spring loaded, like the 5 blades and followed the contours of my face effortlessly. I do not use shaving cream or any other type of preparation before shaving, except a clean, clean face and water. The 5 blades on the Gillette Fusion are closer together then those of previous multiple blade razors so less skin bulges between the blades while you are shaving. This made for a very, very comfortable shaving experience.

I can't truly give an evaluation on the toy portion of the Fusion Proglide. That is what I named the battery operated vibrating attachment. I barely felt it. I turned it on because it was there but the quality of the shave I got when it was on and when it was off were exactly the same...excellent. Reading the Fusion Proglide Power with Flexball brochure, I understand the purpose of the vibration is to inhibit me from pushing the razor down to hard on my face. I have sensitive skin so lightly guiding the razor over my face is a regular practice.

I liked the shave I got with the Fusion Proglide Power. It was a very nice, comfortable, smooth, and close shave, plus it cut about 25% off my shaving time. The price of the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power with Flexball was my only negative about the entire experience. It is a bit expensive for a razor. I bet it's the 'toy' attachment. It's still a great value razor since the price isn't exorbitant and you are looking to upgrade so it's worth the purchase.
08-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Haven't tried the razor, but heard lots of good things about it
I haven't used the Fusion Proglide razor, but I have heard very good things about it such as the razor giving a really close shave. Glad to also read Sunset's review as the razor really looks like one that is suited for your upgrade. Since it has 6 blades, you will get one heck of a close shave, that's for sure! Smile

If you want to check out the Gillette Fusion Proglide, then go to THIS vendor here which has plenty of information on the razor and a great price and shipping. For the price offered by that vendor, I do agree that the razor is worth the try (and it comes with the AAA batteries included to book!).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-07-2014, 09:01 AM
RE: Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor review? experts opinion!
Quick update guys I bought the product from the seller that admin linked above in Amazon and the product got here fast and in perfect condition. Very happy so far with the Gillette power razor. I have been alternating with other shaving toys I have Smile so this way I get more shaving variety. But like I say the Gillette power razor has given me exactly the results you guys posted in this thread!

Once again guys thanks so much for the help.
12-21-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor review? experts opinion!
(10-07-2014 09:01 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  Quick update guys I bought the product from the seller that admin linked above in Amazon and the product got here fast and in perfect condition. Very happy so far with the Gillette power razor. I have been alternating with other shaving toys I have Smile so this way I get more shaving variety. But like I say the Gillette power razor has given me exactly the results you guys posted in this thread!

Once again guys thanks so much for the help.

Been looking at this razor for a while now. Is this razor good for sensitive and acne prone skin like it advertises? I have these red bumps over my face sometimes and I don't want to further irritate them.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Review of Wahl 9937 Lithium Ion Triple Play Shaver/Trimmer/Detailer A London Barber 1 108 Today 04:58 PM
Last Post: ksaapk90
  Remington R8150Csb Pivot And Flex Rotary Shaver Review A London Barber 0 102 10-26-2016 04:16 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Review of Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc4 Wet-Dry Head Pivoting Shaver A London Barber 0 76 10-26-2016 03:10 PM
  Philips Norelco 1150X/40 SensoTouch 2D Electric Shaver Review A London Barber 0 87 10-26-2016 02:08 PM