Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting rid of a disconnected haircut? Hairstyle Help?
07-28-2015, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 10:41 AM by Zippy.)
Getting rid of a disconnected haircut? Hairstyle Help?
So I got a disconnected cut (not an actual undercut due to the sides and back having a slight fade) about 4 weeks ago, but I'm due for another appointment in a few days. I really don't like the style and would instead like to grow my hair out more all together to about 5 inches. The top is at about 2.5-3 inches now, and the sides are still pretty short. How should I go about this? Do I just get a really short taper cut my next appointment and grow it ALL back out? Sad I'm just trying to find what will turn into a long layered cut, my old style. I'm sure this question may come out as incredibly stupid, but I have no idea about hair and I just don't want my head to look like a mushroom anymore. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Getting rid of a disconnected haircut? Hairstyle Help?
I know what you mean and I see that a lot. Basically you're right now at the a length that you can get away with growing the hair from your current setup. It will not look very awkward, if at all, when you grow your hair longer.

The haircut trick here is growing your disconnected haircut to five inches which will leave the hair on the top at some eight inches or so. Once you get the hair on the back and sides to five inches then you trim down the top for a layered cut with an even length.

You will find some barbers who will suggest to buzz the hair on the top to the length of the hair on the back and sides but from my experience this just leads to depression. You're going from having enough length to style the hair on the top to a buzz cut length which will take you three months to grow back to be able to style it. Not good and you can always buzz the top to match the sides and back at any time.

So don't get a new haircut and just grow your hair out from your current set up. The longer your hair gets the less pronounced that the disconnected haircut will look. So now all that you have left is to play the patience game for eight months or so if your sides and back are so short.

If you want to make the difference in length between the sides and the top less pronounced then slick back your hair. See the slicked back hair guide: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...d-Products

Slick your hair back once your hair on the sides is about two inches long as anything shorter will not work out that well. Just slick back the hair on the sides together with the hair on the top. This will blend all the hair together and work a trick.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 72 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 268 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 189 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 212 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander