Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gervinho hairline and hair loss via traction alopecia from braids hairstyle
01-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Gervinho hairline and hair loss via traction alopecia from braids hairstyle
Soccer player Gervinho has massive hairline receding and hair loss from traction alopecia caused by his braids hairstyle ripping his hair from the follicle.

We have talked in this site before about traction alopecia from braids before and this poor guy is a "great" example of what happens when braids are braided too tight and for too long.

Pictures of Gervinho hair and hairline damaged by braiding and causing traction alopecia

He looks to be suffering from male pattern baldness too, which would aggravate the traction alopecia greatly. If you have male pattern baldness NEVER braid your hair.

[Image: Gervinho4.jpg]

[Image: gervinho10.jpg]

[Image: gervinho-98051316.jpg]

[Image: 290186.png]

[Image: aO0mSgH.jpg]

[Image: Gervinho.jpg]

I also have this picture of supposedly Gervinho with short hair and showing the scope of hairline recession and hair loss through traction alopecia. However, I cannot confirm 100% that this is him.

[Image: JpOra4k.jpg]

Traction alopecia is a form of hair loss that is caused from pulling the hair or from exposing the hair to a lot of tensile stress for too long as is the case of braiding hair. If one is also predisposed to male pattern baldness, then the effect of braiding hair will be even more catastrophic.

You can see in the case of Gervinho that his forehead and head look larger due to the hairline having receded so far back! Likeweise, the line in the middle of the head from parting the hair is quite wide and looks bad enough.

Traction alopecia can become irreversible, especially if the stress put on the follicles occurs for too long. Guys (and girls) when you braid your hair, always get someone who knows how to braid hair and ask them to not pull hard when braiding the hair. Also don't expose your braids to additional tension like ponytails or headbands. Lastly only wear braids for weeks or a couple of months at a time!

A big thanks to Jurgen for pointing out the case of Gervinho's hair loss in the braids hairstyles thread!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 07:28 AM
RE: Gervinho hairline and hair loss via traction alopecia from braids hairstyle
his forehead is so bizarre
02-24-2014, 03:47 PM
That Gervinho geezer i always thought he had one screwed up hairline. It is true tho braids can really damage your hair if you get them pull hard or tie really tight all the time.
04-16-2014, 09:29 PM
So that's why Gervinho forehead is really enlarged? Always thought it was weird
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Jesus!! I had seen that thread in the forum warning against braiding the hair too tight but come one this guy has destroyed his scalp and yet continues with the braids!! it is some what surprising what some people will do to their hair even if it ends up damaging their hair too.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Traction alopecia. Should I cut my hair short? ConnorTheCanuck 0 9 Today 12:55 PM
Last Post: ConnorTheCanuck
  Help. Not sure about the state of my hairline. Rivere 0 365 10-21-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: Rivere
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 1,177 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 0 422 09-11-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: AwesomeHair