Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gerard Pique Ivy League Haircut
03-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Gerard Pique Ivy League Haircut
As previously discussed in a another thread, here are some photos of Football/Soccer FC Barcelona and Spanish Centre Back Gerard Pique who is also known as being the other half of Pop Star Shakira, Pique main hairstyle is the Ivy League haircut which he has mainly had since he came to our screens at Manchester United, he has also tried a buzz cut and I even think for a while experimented long hair

Ivy League with a Quiff

[Image: Gerard-pique-hairstyle.jpg]

[Image: gerard-pique-profile.jpg]

Ivy League Haircut

[Image: gerard+pique+barcelona.jpg]

[Image: 143625d1389937861-gerard-pique-gerard-pique-photo.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Gerard Pique Ivy League Haircut
Five star thread Shane! Smile

Great picture selection, buddy. Gerard Pique has been the flagship of the Ivy League haircut in modern men. Such a haircut used to be limited to very formal/conservative men and settings but with guys like Gerard Pique (among others) the Ivy League will hopefully take off (another dude who has rocked the Ivy League is Matt Damon).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Thanks appreciated that

The Ivy League Haircut is very easy to pull off, you mostly want the top of the head to have some length (to style), your sides and back you either want then to be short, medium or the same length as your top of your head, but watch out as by having too much length cut off the sides and back would be infact a undercut hairstyle instead of a Ivy League hairstyle. You ideally want to basically blend the sides and back into the top of your head as excellently demonstrated by Gerard Pique

You can either have your sides and back shaved or trimmed with scissors, if you having it shaved I recommended not to go too short or it could be considered a undercut hairstyle, you ideally want it around the same length as the top of your hair, then you want your top trimmed with scissors or to your desired style

I know that the Footballer David Villa has experimented this haircut as well when he had a Ivy League hairstyle and then he would either side part it or quiff it or both, infact if you check the celebrity page you will find a David Villa thread which shows you a great example of this

Unfortunately I not fully confident on what styling products to use on this hair, If it was me I would say that a either a pomade or wax would be fine, gel would be acceptable for a harder look, if anyone would like to fill in on this feel free
03-20-2014, 11:48 AM
(03-20-2014 07:58 AM)shane88 Wrote:  Thanks appreciated that

The Ivy League Haircut is very easy to pull off, you mostly want the top of the head to have some length (to style), your sides and back you either want then to be short, medium or the same length as your top of your head, but watch out as by having too much length cut off the sides and back would be in fact an undercut hairstyle instead of a Ivy League hairstyle. You ideally want to basically blend the sides and back into the top of your head as excellently demonstrated by Gerard Pique

You can either have your sides and back shaved or trimmed with scissors, if you having it shaved I recommended not to go too short or it could be considered a undercut hairstyle, you ideally want it around the same length as the top of your hair, then you want your top trimmed with scissors or to your desired style

I know that the Footballer David Villa has experimented this haircut as well when he had a Ivy League hairstyle and then he would either side part it or quiff it or both, infact if you check the celebrity page you will find a David Villa thread which shows you a great example of this

Unfortunately I not fully confident on what styling products to use on this hair, If it was me I would say that a either a pomade or wax would be fine, gel would be acceptable for a harder look, if anyone would like to fill in on this feel free

Great style advice for the Ivy League, Shane!

You are also very much correct about David Villa, he has played with the Ivy League and similar taper focused haircuts where he would take advantage of the extra length of the forelock and quiff it or side part it with some volume.

About the hair products, I do agree with hair wax or pomade. The crew cut is a shorter version of the Ivy League and in the crew cut a good control wax like this one from Gatsby is pretty good to keep the hair shaped and controlled as well as in good condition. Because of the style shape similarities, a hair wax like the one in the posted link (Gatsby) would go very well for the Ivy League too. On the other hand, in the case of wanting more natural-looking controlled hair for one's Ivy League, then this other wax will yield a more casual styling of the Ivy League. In fact, if trying to emulate the look of Gerard Pique's hair (casual and natural looking), then the second wax I have linked will do the job very well.

As for pomade, side parting the Ivy League with a water based pomade like this specific pomade is a sure win-win scenario (oil based pomades should not be used for the Ivy league as the hair is too short for this type of pomades and the hair and scalp run the risk of getting greasy fast!).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Really good discussion on Gerard Pique hair & congratulations on this haircut advice thread Shane Smile TMHF is not very aware of football - for starters he calls it soccer lol - so I usually do the hairstyle profiles of football players here. Awesome to have another forum member who can recognize the hair of football players!
I have a couple I want to cover in these days but feel free to create more threads covering football players or other celebrities if you want. The more the merrier as we want to build a big database with all hairstyle profiles so everyone can benefit.

Btw who is your favourite football players hairstyle?
03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Nice pick of pictures dude! I agree with all of you that the Ivy league is a really nice haircut. I think it is cause you have on one side the formal short length with a nice taper down and on top while on the other side you have the ability to shape the hair in a more modern style like quiff or a brush up or a side comb but with some messy elements like it is seen with young guys.

I actually prefer the Ivy league to the regular businessman cut which is more evened on the top. The pictures of this guy Pique really show that the Ivy League has plenty of room for customizing it and turning it into a more modern and trendy style.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 145 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 423 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 487 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 8,821 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum