Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Top Knot to new Pompadour or other Long Hairstyle ideas
05-03-2015, 12:10 PM
From Top Knot to new Pompadour or other Long Hairstyle ideas
Hi guys,

So I'm one of those that fell into the trend of "top knot" hairstyle but after like 15 inches of growth I started regreting that I was shaving my sides (how ironic.)

Now I want to move on from this hairstyle to something new, but I have no idea what to try. I sincerly hate having short hair.

I'm posting this question on this forum because I hoped that there would be some professionals that would have some creative ideas about how to use the advantage of the fact, that I already have pretty long hair on the top.

One of the option that came to my mind was kind-of like a "pompadour" haircut with hair slicked to the back, but then I realised that unfortunetly my hair isnt straight at all, more like wavy and with high volume, so I doubt that it would stay in place whole day (and no, i can't be bothered with straightening it... one thing I love about my top knot is, that there is no work with it in the morning at all).

Let the brainstorming begin!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Bored of my top knot. Now what?
Can you post pictures of your top knot or of your hair?
09-12-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: From Top Knot to new Pompadour or other Long Hairstyle ideas
Usually wavy hair is the best hair type for a pompadour hairstyle. Wavy hair has plenty of volume that can be held with a good pomade and hair spray. Men like Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash has wavy hair and they used the natural volume of their hair to create their insignia pompadour hairstyles.

For other long hairstyles, see this long wavy hair styles inspiration thread with lots and lots of pictures of men with long wavy hair, among other hair types. Since the sides and back of your head are so short, I would just continue to grow the top as you allow for the hair on the sides and back to catch up to the hair length on the top. This can take about three years, though, if your hair on the sides and back is buzzed and not trimmed.

By the way your account has been upgraded so that you can post pictures of your hair (or of hairstyle ideas) or embedding them in your post instead of uploading them in your post.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is my face shape and how do I choose my hairstyle? gamershawk 0 101 11-16-2016 06:46 AM
Last Post: gamershawk
  Hairstyle advice for dry short straight hair with round face shape overprotected 4 249 10-28-2016 02:24 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  How to shape 2 Step Undercut Hairstyle with thick hair products Ruadhri 0 147 10-24-2016 01:52 PM
Last Post: Ruadhri
  How to style hair in brush up hairstyle? Picture illustration Wongford 0 178 10-04-2016 06:41 AM
Last Post: Wongford