Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently Asked Questions - Please read
06-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Frequently Asked Questions - Please read
Frequently Asked Questions

I've just registered and I can't post!
That's because you have to first start a thread in our Introduction section (click the link) and introduce yourself. Once you do that, you can post anywhere else in the forum.

I can't post a thread
You very likely don't have enough posts to start a thread; you need at least 11 posts to create a thread. If you can't think of what to say in 11 posts so that you can then create a thread, then this forum is quite likely not for you.

Why can't I access my control panel (User CP)?
You need to have 11 posts or more to access your User CP.

Why can't I private message other forum members?
Private messaging (PM) is only allowed for members with 50 posts or more.

Why can't I see attached images?
Attached images can only be seen and downloaded by forum members with 11 posts or more.

Can I post an image by embedding it if I have less than 50 posts?

No. However, we may consider individual cases if you have less than 50 posts. Those with more than 50 posts can embed/post images. Good sites to host images you want to embed include photobucket.com and imgur.com (imgur doesn't require registration, just go to the website and upload your picture to get the code to embed in the forum).

Can I post links to external sites.

No. If you have over 50 posts we may consider a link but always ask a moderator or administrator first. Failure to do this will lead to a ban. If you want to advertise, use the contact form.

How can I post an image?
To post an image, grab its URL and post it by either inserting the link by clicking the "insert image" button in the text editor or surround the link with [img] tags (put [img] at the beginning of the link and [/img] at the end of the link).

Please make sure that you're using the actual image URL and not the browser URL of the page where the image is at. The correct URL is usually obtained by right-clicking on it and clicking on "copy image address" or "copy image URL" (or something similar, depending on your browser).

You will know that you have the right image URL if the URL itself ends in any of these 4 formats: .jpeg/.jpg/.gif/.png

Who should I contact if I have any questions?
You can contact either an Admin (myself included) or a moderator; use the private messaging system for contacting. If your post count is less than 50 posts, then contact us though our contact form.

Can I have my own signature?
Yes, but forum signatures are only allowed for forum members with 50 posts or more. However, ask us first if you can have your signature and what you plan on putting in it. Just like any other serious online community, being able to have a signature is an earned privilege.

I would like to advertise in the forum
Send us a message through our contact form. Do NOT use your posting privileges to advertise your product unless you have prior confirmed permission from us. Unfortunately, as low-level scummy as that tactic is, we have encountered several brands trying to do that in the forum (and you would be surprised as to who has tried it). Not only will you be banned and your posts deleted if you try to advertise without our consent but we will also be contacting your company.

On top of the above, please avoid filler posts to jack up your post count, which includes posting generic comments with no value or posts that do not contribute anything to a thread in order to increase your post count. This isn't a forum for that kind of borderline-spammy rats; this is a community and we welcome anyone who wants to become part of our community. We absolutely do not welcome leechers and/or opportunists, and we ensure to keep our community interactive and healthy.

I cannot join the forum as my country's IP/country's ISP is blocked. How can I join the forum?

Unfortunately, there are certain countries that are notorious for allowing spam to run wild through their ISPs. We take spam seriously and have had to block certain ISPs from certain countries to avoid the massive-scale spam from said ISPs. Moreover, we use up-to-date anti-spam data from highly-trusted online organizations so as to ensure that we get as few false positives as possible.

If your IP happens to be blacklisted, that doesn't necessarily mean it has something to do with you as it's very likely that a spammer previously used the IP you're using and thus got it blacklisted, which will unfortunately limit your ability to register on many big sites (not just on ours) that use the same anti-spam data that we too use. The party to blame is not just the spammer but also your ISP as they allowed enough spamming to occur that the IP ended up being blacklisted by worldwide spam-fighting organizations.

If you're not being able to join our forum because your IP is blocked, please use the contact form to let us know and we will allow you to register so long as your intention is to be a well-behaved community member (just as we expect from all community members).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or ask them in our Troubleshooting and FAQs section.

Welcome on board! Smile

The Mens Hair Forum team

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to structure a post or thread - Please read TheMensHairForum 0 1,012 06-12-2013 06:33 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Forum Rules - Read before posting TheMensHairForum 0 1,230 06-12-2013 06:07 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum