Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formal slick back hair with strong hold pomade and low shine?
10-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Formal slick back hair with strong hold pomade and low shine?
Do you have any recommendations for a strong hold pomade with lower shine? I was wanting to try a cheaper pomade first because I don't know if I will like it or not

My hair is 4.5 inches on top 4 inches on the side. I'm growing it out to a collarbone length and need to keep it back for work.

I have thick wavy hair and was I thinking of either the Layrite Super Hold pomade or the Suavecito Firme hold pomade.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2015, 07:32 AM
The Suavecito pomade is better than the Layrite pomade for a low-shine slicked style.
Wesley, I moved your post to its own thread as you question is an interesting one. With regards to formal professional hairstyles for men, both the Layrite Super Hold pomade and the Suavecito Firme pomade work really well; I'm talking of hairstyles like the slicked back style, the side swept style or a middle-parted style.

In your case, you're interested in keeping your hair slicked back with a lower shine, so the Suavecito Firme pomade is the best one for you. This pomade has less shine than the Layrite Super Hold pomade and it will also provide a medium-to-lower shine with a nice texture that fits your needs.

Have a read through my comparison of the Suavecito Pomade and the Layrite pomade to get an idea of what each one of them do. I've also recommended in that linked post where to buy the pomades at great prices, since the prices for pomades can vary greatly from shop to shop (both online and offline) and those of us making the staff for the forum are always scouting the internet for the best deals on men's hair products!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 222 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 539 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 154 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Moldable/fixable hold with matte finish thegawd 0 255 05-21-2016 03:23 PM
Last Post: thegawd