Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For black men which shaving cream is best?
12-15-2013, 01:50 PM
For black men which shaving cream is best?
I am curious to know what shaving soap or cream to use for black men. i have been using a Gillette shaving foam for like forever but i am finding the razor continues to irritate my skin as i have some leftover acne and i get ingrown hairs easy.
My father would shave his melon with the Gillette shaving foam covering his entire scalp with it lol so thats where i got the habit from in my teens to shave my face with whatever shaving foam.
I have read tho that there are more sophisticated shaving soaps and what not that treat the skin better for shaving so if any 1 here have suggestions then most welcome!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: For black men which shaving cream is best?
As a black male if you have sensitive skin (i do too) it is better to just go with a unscented hypoallergenic so that way you avoid irritation and itching that happens after shaving - kinda like if the skin complaining about how youre treating it Big Grin those with sensitive skin will know that feeling very well.

You should also get a shaving cream that offers good lubrication of the skin so a good choice is a shaving cream with glycerin. From my point of view one of the best choices for shaving cream to buy for sensitive skin is this premium shaving cream which many black folks like too. It's a shaving cream that is unscented and Hypoallergenic, and has glycerin and coconut oil for maximum lubrication and softening of the skin! It will leave your skin like a baby's behind, trust me Smile
12-18-2013, 02:15 PM
(12-15-2013 08:36 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  As a black male if you have sensitive skin (i do too) it is better to just go with a unscented hypoallergenic so that way you avoid irritation and itching that happens after shaving - kinda like if the skin complaining about how youre treating it Big Grin those with sensitive skin will know that feeling very well.

You should also get a shaving cream that offers good lubrication of the skin so a good choice is a shaving cream with glycerin. From my point of view one of the best choices for shaving cream to buy for sensitive skin is this premium shaving cream which many black folks like too. It's a shaving cream that is unscented and Hypoallergenic, and has glycerin and coconut oil for maximum lubrication and softening of the skin! It will leave your skin like a baby's behind, trust me Smile

yes this is important - sensitive skin or skin that is greasy or dry will benefit from + premium skin care products including shaving cream.

+1 for the shaving cream suggested by Jurgen as glycerin really helps with giving great skin lubrication

Elena
12-20-2013, 08:38 AM
hey Jay go with the shaving cream Jurgen recommended i have the same problem for some reason i have to treat my face skin like it were baby skin lol

(12-15-2013 08:36 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  As a black male if you have sensitive skin (i do too) it is better to just go with a unscented hypoallergenic so that way you avoid irritation and itching that happens after shaving - kinda like if the skin complaining about how youre treating it Big Grin those with sensitive skin will know that feeling very well.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products Sunset 19 9,096 10-18-2016 10:53 PM
Last Post: Adam11
  Top mens shaving gels for sensitive skin Sunset 7 5,367 09-14-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Information Best aftershave for men? Advice from shaving experts please JaimeSpain 6 6,040 05-29-2016 12:50 AM
Last Post: PaulThompson
  Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave Cream review Sunset 1 2,587 10-02-2014 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum