Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post
06-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Brick First Post
First post! Wooh!

Super excited to become part of this community.

Since highschool I've been interested in fashion and style, but I never really committed myself to it. The dubious label of "metrosexual" kept me from ever fully embracing men's fashion. I've spent countless hours perusing blogs and other websites on the topic, but I've always kept it at arm's length from me. I've grown since then, though. I've since taken steps towards becoming more aware of my outward appearance, and I'm starting to take pride in it.

It was this impetus that moved me to make the transition from messy, unkempt hair to a clean and sharplooking undercut about a month or two ago.

I absolutely love it.

Since then I've been trying to figure out how to keep my hair well maintained, and styled. It's ridiculous how much I was ignorant of. There's more to hair than hair gel? They handmake combs? An infuse them with oils and minerlas? Wait... Guys blowdry their hair?

As I spent countless Google sessions trying to figure this whole hair thing out, this website kept popping up. I tend to lurk in forums. It's been years since my last post an a forum. But I would be stupid to not take advantage of this resource to the fullest extent. So here I am, taking full advantage of this resource. :B

I'm excited to be here, and I thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Thank you!
- Thomas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: First Post
Welcome Thomas, I m new here too and you express most of my thoughts, well said.
06-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Hey Thomas, thanks for the detailed introduction! Smile

The internet is full of very dubious and spammy sites with really bad hair advice. I have seen regular fades being called undercuts or those kind of pages (you know which ones I mean) where they write some kind of filler stuff with buzz words (erroneously placed) where they don't tell you exactly how to achieve a certain hairstyle or haircut (as well as stealing pictures). What's worse is that these sites are everywhere and mislead newbies all the time. SO worry not, you are in the right place for once and for all.

Indeed, the Undercut is a really neat and cool haircut. It removes bulk from the head and allows you to simply concentrate on the top of the head, which is where the aesthetics of a hairstyle and the overall facial aesthetics is gained. We got lots of hairstyles guides in this section as well as many relevant questions and answers. Lots to read and learn, as well as ask!

Lastly, since you have seen the "light" when it comes to hairstyles, it'd do you good to grab a copy of The Men's Hair Book (see link). The book is an actual encyclopedia and among the few reading material we recommend. The book is not by us, but by a popular blogger who has dedicated years to male hair (name is Rogelio, famous for his ManlyCurls.com website). He does browse this forums at times, and he is one of the many other hair experts we have ensured to get on board this community! As said, you're in the right place.

Welcome again and I hope to see you around Smile

P.S. we not only cover scalp hair here but also facial hair and all its derivates (including shaving). And general male grooming too!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-10-2014, 08:04 PM
(06-09-2014 11:21 PM)ReapeR Wrote:  Welcome Thomas, I m new here too and you express most of my thoughts, well said.

Hey, thanks ReapeR! Great minds think alike, I hear.

(06-10-2014 09:09 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Hey Thomas, thanks for the detailed introduction! :)

The internet is full of very dubious and spammy sites with really bad hair advice. I have seen regular fades being called undercuts or those kind of pages (you know which ones I mean) where they write some kind of filler stuff with buzz words (erroneously placed) where they don't tell you exactly how to achieve a certain hairstyle or haircut (as well as stealing pictures). What's worse is that these sites are everywhere and mislead newbies all the time. SO worry not, you are in the right place for once and for all.

Indeed, the Undercut is a really neat and cool haircut. It removes bulk from the head and allows you to simply concentrate on the top of the head, which is where the aesthetics of a hairstyle and the overall facial aesthetics is gained. We got lots of hairstyles guides in this section as well as many relevant questions and answers. Lots to read and learn, as well as ask!

Lastly, since you have seen the "light" when it comes to hairstyles, it'd do you good to grab a copy of The Men's Hair Book. The book is an actual encyclopedia and among the few reading material we recommend. The book is not by us, but by a popular blogger who has dedicated years to male hair (name is Rogelio, famous for his ManlyCurls.com website). He does browse this forums at times, and he is one of the many other hair experts we have ensured to get on board this community! As said, you're in the right place.

Welcome again and I hope to see you around :)

P.S. we not only cover scalp hair here but also facial hair and all its derivates (including shaving). And general male grooming too!

Those sorts of sites plague just about any subject/genre of information you may be looking for, in my experience. One of the few downsides of living in the age of technology. I am glad this gem of a site exists.

Thank YOU for the introduction! The Men's Hair Book is definitely an investment I'll be making in the near future. I know I'll be perusing the rest of the forums days (weeks, months, years) to come.

This definitely seems like the right place to me. (-:
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First Post! Help Needed Needyourhelp 1 477 06-11-2015 06:47 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  First post, unable to post links! ArgoII 1 452 06-11-2015 06:43 AM
  Can I have account upgraded to post pictures of my hair? leon2020 2 617 05-28-2015 08:02 AM
  New member unable to post in other forums except this one rahuljain3300 3 1,048 05-13-2015 12:20 PM