Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel like hair is thinning, what can I do?
09-30-2017, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 01:12 PM by sfmorales22.)
Feel like hair is thinning, what can I do?
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. So I'm about to turn 36, and have short straight hair that's always been relatively thick and easy to style. Lately I've FELT like my hair has been thinning. I've mostly used mousse in my hair since high school, but in the last few years have switched to paste or just straight hairspray. I've heard that using mousse or hairspray is WORSE for your hair and I should stick to paste, due to the alcohol content in mousse and spray (if this is wrong please let me know). The issue is that since paste is THICKER, when i rub it in my hair i tend to see MORE hair loss in my hands (about 6 to 8 hairs) than when I use mousse or hair spray. With hair spray there is virtually no loss that i can see, because i just spray and tease my hair in the way i want. I should also state that even when I was a teenager, after rubbing ANY type of product in my hair I've always noticed some hairs that have come off. Still, my question is whether mousse IS actually bad for your hair (I've mostly used Suave brand) or if it's just a myth. I mean, if paste is so good for you hair, WHY does MORE hair fall out when i use it to style?

I also would like to know what brands I can use specifically to prevent as much hair loss as possible. I'd also like to know what type of vitamins I can take to STRENGTHEN my hair so it DOESN'T fall out when I try to style it. I recently hit the Vitamin Shoppe and picked up a powder product called "Super Collagen" by Neocell that is supposed to be good for hair, skin, nails, and joints. I've also heard biotin is good for it.
I've already started taking precautions, such as not rubbing shampoo in my hair profusely as I used to when showering, not using shampoo AT ALL on days that I don't work out (so let's figure I'll shampoo like 3 or 4 times a week, and if that's too much let me know), and not rubbing the towel in my hair to dry, but instead to more blot it dry.

I'm simply worried because I'm only turning 36 and am not sure if that's too young to start losing your hair. Thank you for any advice or vitamin/product recommendations! I greatly appreciate it!

I will also state that I am a very healthy individual. My A1C level is ALMOST borderline for high blood sugar (as it runs in my family) but I am not a diabetic. I have not gotten a cold or fever in YEARS. I am not on any medication and not currently taking any vitamins or medications.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone use Pau Mitchell's Tea Trree Anti-Thinning shampoo? SirTarquin 0 118 04-23-2018 02:22 PM
Last Post: SirTarquin
  Is my whorl thinning? hugothebaws 0 206 02-20-2018 03:45 PM
Last Post: hugothebaws
  Thinning hair on top Mosny123 3 637 09-13-2017 02:21 AM
Last Post: pantherleon03
  Hair thinning - no recession (that I can see) kysp88 1 748 05-01-2017 02:06 AM
Last Post: Eric Ong