Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faux hawk hairstyle with afro kinky hair?
05-28-2013, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2013 11:32 PM by Robert.)
Faux hawk hairstyle with afro kinky hair?
So i have afro kinky hair (type) and i'm growing it but now it has some good length so that the hair is "flexible", what i mean is that i can shape it when wet and with styling creams. All hairstyles pics of the faux hawk i've seen are with straight hair but does anyone know if you can style a faux hawk with kinky hair?
Just a basic hairstyle with a bit of a crest, maybe buzzing a bit of the top?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2013, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2013 01:16 AM by Barber.)
RE: Faux hawk hairstyle with afro kinky hair?
Usually, naturally kinky hair is very difficult to have it hold into a shaped hairstyle unless massive amounts of hair holding products are used. Afro textured hair is great at being shapely but its just too coiled and always wants to coil back to its natural shape.
I have clients with afro textured hair (kinky type) and i have styled Faux Hawks more than a few times. It's best for you to keep the crest straightened and have one inch length so its easier to straighten. You dont need to straighten the whole length only do the tips of the crest. After straightening use hair gel or wax to define the Faux hawk.
See picture below of Mario Balotelli's hair with a Faux Hawk, he does this style with my method I explained above Wink

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Barber, was that the hairstyle Balotelli was wearing in the 2012 Euro?
06-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Another guy who straightens his kinky hair like Mario Balotelli. If you don't want to straighten your kinks you can still get a Faux Hawk but make sure the top of the head is clipped very short and ideally tapered towards the center.

[Image: Boateng_7.jpg]

[Image: Kevin-Prince-Boateng.jpg]

06-07-2013, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 11:42 AM by Barber.)
Found this picture of the same player. It shows how using a hair straightener too intense on the crest of the faux hawk will damage the hair, proceed carefully.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Yep, if you dont want to straighten your kinky hair, then getting the right shape for the Frohawk goes a long way!

[Image: 18Diddy.jpg]

[Image: samueldalemberttz425.jpg]
06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Thank you guys, I decided since to go for a tidy ivy league and not be limiting myself with the frohawk.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 36 Yesterday 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 106 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 298 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 323 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777