Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fade Haircut or Undercut Hairstyle for Professional Look? 0 0
Fade Haircut or Undercut Hairstyle for Professional Look?
09-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Fade Haircut or Undercut Hairstyle for Professional Look?
Hey guys,

I'm a 28 year old male. My face looks best with shorter on sides, longer on top. I used to do a skin fade haircut with scissors on top and spike the top up for an edgy look. It really fit my face well, but I stopped doing it because I thought it was a bit immature, and I got the whole "jersey shore" look alike thing a lot. I want a professional, classy look. So, I decided to go with the undercut. I did the undercut with a combover to the side. It fit my face well. I then thought it was a bit extreme, and not as professional so I ended up going with a fade and side part. My question is, is a skin fade with a side part more professional than an undercut? Or should I go with the undercut again if my goal is to look professional, yet handsome? I posted some pics below of my current hairstyle... If you have any other suggestions based on my face please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: Fade Haircut or Undercut Hairstyle for Professional Look?
(09-09-2016 03:52 PM)jon69 Wrote:  Hey guys,

I'm a 28 year old male. My face looks best with shorter on sides, longer on top. I used to do a skin fade haircut with scissors on top and spike the top up for an edgy look. It really fit my face well, but I stopped doing it because I thought it was a bit immature, and I got the whole "jersey shore" look alike thing a lot. I want a professional, classy look. So, I decided to go with the undercut. I did the undercut with a combover to the side. It fit my face well. I then thought it was a bit extreme, and not as professional so I ended up going with a fade and side part. My question is, is a skin fade with a side part more professional than an undercut? Or should I go with the undercut again if my goal is to look professional, yet handsome? I posted some pics below of my current hairstyle... If you have any other suggestions based on my face please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Edit- can't post pics because of my count.
Anyone? And anyway I can post pics to show you guys?
09-06-2018, 12:51 AM
Hi mate, two years on, I know, but I am new to this forum! What did you decide to go with? I ask because I'm a similar age, have just had a skin fade for the first time, and now thinking about which styles work in a professional environment. Cheers!
09-10-2018, 12:04 PM
I know some of our clients went from fade cuts to undercuts and taper cuts when they got into the corporate world. Like you say, a skin fade can look to many as an extreme haircut and especially in corporate circles. Whitewalls are not welcomed in classic corporate circles nor haircuts that stand out from the norm. Too distracting to others. Yes, it's silly but nothing you can do about it.

I'd stick with an undercut or with a hair clipper taper that doesn't leave the scalp exposed. Literally that's what most folks at our barbershop ask for when they need to suit up.

For pictures, upload them to imgur and then post the links here (space out the .com as new members cannot post links). I'll then edit the links so they appear correctly.

FTR, see the classic hairstyles in this thread for some great dapper hairstyles that you may want to consider.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Straight hair with oval shape face - Need a new hairstyle! Klukinchikendo 6 416 11-02-2018 11:45 AM
Last Post: Ebony
  Short buzz cut haircut for long straight hair Lucohendrikx23 1 153 10-14-2018 08:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Help me find a fitting hairstyle with cowlick and wide face Sucre 1 210 10-03-2018 12:50 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Lightbulb Military Hair Styles and Haircuts - Epic 25 Hairstyle Ideas Panther 2 256 09-20-2018 09:50 AM
Last Post: RomanAct