Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facial hair taxonomy - Illustrative reference in sections
10-09-2016, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 09:26 AM by The Hairstylist.)
Facial hair taxonomy - Illustrative reference in sections
Taxomony of men's facial hair
This forum thread and post contains a detailed taxonomy of facial hair styles. Prior to this web site, a meticulous classification of facial hair styles had never been attempted. Here you will find every feasible way to wear and style facial hair. This forum section does also cover all the facial hair styles available so browse the rest of the forum section ( or ask questions in any of the thread including this one.

Styles that must include; i) growth on the side burn and jawbone ii) continuous growth that crosses the face via the chin or mustache areas (or both) iii) may include growth on the cheek and neck areas of the face.
Hair that runs down the hair line towards the cheek.
Full goatee:
Hair extended below the lip or above the lip (i.e. mustache).

Here is my posted facial hair taxonomy depicted. This illustration can be used by regular forum members and professional barbers alike for visual learning purposes. Please link back to this thread if using this taxonomy illustration of facial hair so that it can be referenced by those wanting to learn more about facial hair and mustache/beard styles.
[Image: HpeKJlH.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Facial hair and beard styles stereotypes in the media - Report The Hairstylist 0 86 10-09-2016 09:07 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  How to grow full beard without facial hair looking silly? 13C200 0 189 10-01-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post: 13C200
  Hard time growing facial hair and moustache - Pathetic beard SadBeardGuy 0 194 07-28-2016 05:47 PM
Last Post: SadBeardGuy
  Changed my beard style and found why my old facial hair was wiry twohandedsword 1 835 06-13-2016 12:21 PM
Last Post: Bracken