Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyebrows
04-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Eyebrows
How many of you honestly/thread it or keep it in shape? My eyebrows are natural but they look very done up, I've got girls asking me how do I do them..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Eyebrows
Actually, you will find a lot of men who secretly do their eyebrows but will deny it when asked Big Grin I think that plucking/shaping one's eyebrows is perfectly acceptable, especially for the "unibrow" cases.

Bear in mind that the aesthetics of your head hair and facial hair (including eyebrows) can dramatically improve (or break) your overall look. If you can look better by shaping the eyebrows in whatever way, then I find it as normal as changing the hairstyle to also look normal. The only case where one could arguably "judge" a dude is if he went and shaved his eyebrows only to then tattoo his eyebrows, which is a relatively common beauty method for women with bad eyebrows. Even then, I personally see it as a case of "whatever floats one's boat".

In my case, I was born with Zoolander type eyebrows too LOL Well, not really, but my eyebrows look fine so I don't groom them. I have tried shaping them by shaving parts of them and even did many years ago when I was a young man the whole Scarface eyebrow shave Big Grin But these days my eyebrows are all "au naturale".

By the way, many men with nicely-shaped eyebrows aren't aware of their eyebrow aesthetics until a woman tells them. Same goes for eyelashes, if you have long and curling eyelashes, sooner or later a women will compliment them too. Seen it happen a lot of times.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-18-2014, 06:40 PM
I do my eyebrows some times but only cause I have almost like a unibrow like TMHF mentioned Big Grin it is a genetic thing so all my brothers & I have thick long eyebrows that are a bit too long & almost meet. Once you get used to it it is fine & only takes like a minute or two to pull some hairs that break the aesthetics of the facial hair.
I am with you guys in that I dont think there is anything wrong with grooming your eyebrows just like there is nothing wrong with grooming your beard & both types are just facial hair. I also know a LOT of guys - heterosexual men btw - who pluck their eyebrow hairs at least to avoid the unibrow issue.

Lots of celebrity men also re-touch their eyebrows, even football players lol I know one famous football player - well be is now retired but still - who plucks his eyebrows: Fabio Cannavaro. He is Italian however & the rumour - which I find is true - is that italian men spend too much on beauty & grooming products. I even heard that italian men spend more on beauty products than italian women rofl but I think that last one is a myth.

[Image: fabio-cannavaro_1500251c.jpg]

[Image: fabio_1.jpg]

[Image: 18958.jpg]

[Image: fabio-cannavaro.jpg]

[Image: 468px-Fabio_Cannavaro_2011.jpg]
04-21-2014, 06:40 AM
I do pluck my eyebrows mate altho nothing too crazy. Just for avoiding the unibrow altho i don't get one my self but it sure gets close lol have toyed around with using an electric razor and even a nose hair trimmer which surprisingly does a good job... who would have though!
04-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Fair enough guys I have shaped eyebrows which gets a lot of questions asked do I thread my eyebrows, it's actually kinda of annoying to lol
04-21-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 11:25 AM by Bradley.)
(04-21-2014 09:58 AM)herehair Wrote:  Fair enough guys I have shaped eyebrows which gets a lot of questions asked do I thread my eyebrows, it's actually kinda of annoying to lol

Don't sweat it mate I too have mates who have really angled eyebrows where the outer third is angled and they get similar rats all the time too. Well by rats I mean lads sometimes pick on them for lols when we are having a couple of pints, no bully rats, just lads joking. But on the other hand I swear them aesthetic eyebrows get a lot of attention from ladies.
It goes like this.

Random Girl at nightclub: 'your eyebrows are so niiiiiiice, do you pluck them or shape them or sum thing'
Mate: 'nah, they come natural' *flicks left eyebrow*
Random Girl at nightclub: 'I love you, take me to your place and give me your babies'

It has happened quite a few too many times for me not to think there is a correlation between aesthetic eyebrows and women like giving your 2 or 3 extra points on the 1 to 10 aesthetics scale Big Grin and coincidentally its the same for eyelashes too which TMHF mentioned in his reply above too. We guys can't even tell our eyelashes from our beard hair yet women can pick them up fast and if you have the whole long curled eyelashes its a win too.
04-29-2014, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 06:56 AM by claesson.)
I usually go to a beautician to pluck my eyebrows or I do it myself if I haven't time, even if I don't have unibrow.

Here in Italy I think it's more common than other countries but we don't spend more on beauty products than italian women, I can assure that this it is a myth Big Grin
04-29-2014, 09:03 AM
(04-29-2014 06:56 AM)claesson Wrote:  I usually go to a beautician to pluck my eyebrows or I do it myself if I haven't time, even if I don't have unibrow.

Here in Italy I think it's more common than other countries but we don't spend more on beauty products than italian women, I can assure that this it is a myth Big Grin

I remember seeing once a picture of the squat of Italy's soccer team and I was surprised how well groomed they were, especially their hair. I remember one guy who had an impressive mane, Paolo Maldini, he was also a great defender and was like the pin up dude of the Italian squad.

[Image: maldini_1421513c.jpg]

Do people in Italy joke about how well groomed the Italian soccer players are? Whether it is for the national team or just regular league teams. I heard jokes from friends of mine in the 2006 World Cup about Italy's soccer players being "too" interested in hair gel, and we are all involved in the fashion industry so we are used to seeing well groomed men, but the Italians sure took it to the extreme LOL But do Italian men/women themselves make jokes about their national team?

If we continue talking about this, I will open a new thread so we can discuss this interesting topic, but I am curious to know your reply as a regular Italian on what people in Italy think of their well groomed Italian soccer players. It also somewhat ties in with eyebrow grooming since I am sure at least 50% of the players did their eyebrows Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-21-2014, 08:19 AM
I find it weird that some people laugh when you actually groom your eyebrows a bit. I used to do it every day so that no 1 would know, and did the same for my cheeks. Now I do not care, I do pull them out once in a while so that it does not grow to much.
08-10-2014, 10:17 AM
It's good that men have taken an interest in their grooming, but I see a lot of guys going to the extremes, especially with eyebrows(very feminine looking brows on many guys). The kit that I mention will give you good looking masculine eyebrows.
02-20-2016, 10:42 AM
So, how to best groom eyebrows?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to thin eyebrows for men? expert advice and tips needed Alex 5 19,584 01-14-2015 10:55 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1