Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme hold without spiking
08-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Extreme hold without spiking
I have pretty thin, dry hair, and I am looking for a product or combination of products that will give my hairstyle as much hold as possible without giving it a wet or spiked look. American Crew Fiber and similar products do not cut it at all and tend to leave my hair falling flat as the day goes on. The best product I have found so far is got2b glued styling gel. It gives pretty strong hold while still looking as if my hair doesn't have tons of gel in it, and I have gotten more compliments on my hair since using it. However, my hair still gets messed up if it's windy or if it gets wet. The got2bglued spiking glue has more of the hold I'm looking for, but I don't like the porcupine look it gives me. I am thinking of trying the styling gel in combination with some kind of hairspray. Ideally I would have extreme hold that can withstand wind and a little rain throughout the day without moving, but still avoid a spiked or wet look. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 12:33 AM
RE: Extreme hold without spiking
(08-02-2015 08:51 PM)maximum411 Wrote:  I have pretty thin, dry hair, and I am looking for a product or combination of products that will give my hairstyle as much hold as possible without giving it a wet or spiked look. American Crew Fiber and similar products do not cut it at all and tend to leave my hair falling flat as the day goes on. The best product I have found so far is got2b glued styling gel. It gives pretty strong hold while still looking as if my hair doesn't have tons of gel in it, and I have gotten more compliments on my hair since using it. However, my hair still gets messed up if it's windy or if it gets wet. The got2bglued spiking glue has more of the hold I'm looking for, but I don't like the porcupine look it gives me. I am thinking of trying the styling gel in combination with some kind of hairspray. Ideally I would have extreme hold that can withstand wind and a little rain throughout the day without moving, but still avoid a spiked or wet look. Any suggestions?

Try some of the waxes we recommend. From what you describe this gatsby wax sounds perfect. Although if you want an extreme hold you'll probably need hairspray along with any wax/gel you use. We recommend this hairspray.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Extreme Dry hair JasonDDD 1 241 08-06-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: gadgethawse
  Moldable/fixable hold with matte finish thegawd 0 284 05-21-2016 03:23 PM
Last Post: thegawd
  Strongest hold matte hair wax or styling paste? RogerWilco 6 3,383 04-14-2016 06:37 PM
Last Post: Markkk
  strong hold that wont weigh down mjroehm 0 238 02-18-2016 12:46 PM
Last Post: mjroehm