Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiencing dramatic hair loss at age 27
05-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Question Experiencing dramatic hair loss at age 27
Hello all,
I have joined the forum and my first question has to do with hair loss which is a problem that is starting to affect me greatly. I would like to ask for help please as this place seems to be full of knowledgeable people. My situation is as follows:

27 years old, non smoker, gym goer, hardly drink, OK diet. For the last year the crown of my head has been fading at crazy speeds. A year ago my hair was thick and had no fading on the crown, today my scalp is visible and others have noticed. My temples have too receded although not very noticeably, in fact it wasn't until someone else told me how my scalp was showing from the back of my head that I realized what was going on with my hair.

The guy at my local supplement store told me to use some vitamins and minerals and I have seen some marginal improvements from using them daily. I then visited a naturopath and he suggested some homeopathic remedies which I've been using for 3 months and which aren't doing anything to slow down my hair loss.

I'm at a loss. I have heard of minoxidil, Rogaine and other medications but I wanted to keep it natural. However, my hair loss is starting to affect me mentally so i'm willing to consider any options to stop my hair loss.

Thank you for any replies.
Vladimir.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: Experiencing dramatic hair loss at age 27
I recommend you to see a dermatologist because no amount of minerals and vitamins will be of use if you don't have a full diagnosis from a qualified medical professional.

Minoxidil could be an excellent addition to your hair loss products as minoxidil works best on the vertex. Some brands of minoxidil include Rogaine and Kirkland.

Also, ditch the homepathic remedies, they are nothing but watered snake oil. The vitamins and minerals though do have a place in managing male pattern baldness.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 0 415 09-11-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: AwesomeHair
  Has my topknot caused hair loss? -KANE- 0 388 08-18-2016 11:14 AM
Last Post: -KANE-
  Natural alternative solutions for treating hair loss alexdeen75 1 463 07-23-2016 11:29 PM
Last Post: Reborn Hair PPP
  Hair Loss Products for Men OTC TheMensHairForum 35 27,756 05-18-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: williadl