Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyday hair wash?
08-18-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: Everyday hair wash?
I've stopped washing with shampoo every day because clumps of hair were coming out in the shower. it's awkward though because my hair gets greasy ridiculously fast. in v. hot weather you can feel it getting damp Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 09:57 AM
What the? Is it not good to shampoo everyday?

I use head & shoulders everyday (morning only), it will cause hairloss? Sad
08-22-2014, 01:30 AM
i wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week, if i wash my hair everyday it dries out.
08-22-2014, 06:32 AM
(08-19-2014 09:57 AM)choco00934141 Wrote:  What the? Is it not good to shampoo everyday?

I use head & shoulders everyday (morning only), it will cause hairloss? Sad

Daily shampooing is not needed, unles syou're using really havy-residue hair products like oil-based pomades, thickening waxes or hair spray (and you use them every day).

By shampooing less, you allow the sebum from your scalp to coat your hair, giving it a natural gloss and enhanced texture (plus many people report that their hair looks thicker).

The issue is that you have to manually spread the sebum if you want it to coat your hair effectively, and hence the No Shampoo method and Sebum Coating method from Rogelio Samson which he pioneered and described in both The Men's Hair Book and The Curly Hair Book. Either of those books are many times worth their price and are worth buying just to learn from Rogelio his No Shampoo method (which is super detailed in one chapter).

Also, when dropping shampooing frequency, make sure to go at it slowly so you can find the exact frequency that suits your circumstances (every male differs with regards to his perfect frequency). It's all explained in both books above, but feel free to ask questions in this forum if you want.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-14-2014, 11:19 AM
I wash my hair every other day and it looks decent!
09-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Smile But go check out the hair book!
09-14-2014, 05:34 PM
question...

i have been using shampoo on my straight hair for around 13 years straight. (almost everyday, there has never been gap of 2 days of no-shampoo day)

now suddenly i am using shampoo only on sundays, based from the readings here in the forums. i am using wax mon-friday

is there going to be bad effect on my hair bec this is too sudden!
09-15-2014, 05:14 PM
I wash it every other day. It's medium length, but if I wash it every day it gets too dry. They say the longer it is, the longer you can go without washing it...but I haven't tried that tactic myself, tbh Wink
10-22-2014, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 08:08 AM by JVoorhees80.)
I wash my everyday. I use cream fiber to style my hair but I have also used wax and other strong-hold gels in the past. I couldn't imagine going a day without washing my hair because of my germaphobia. Although I gotta say, it looks very fluffy the next couple of days. I went without shampooing my hair once and it didn't look fluffy at all, which is cool and what I would prefer but with my germaphobia I am unable to do this. Pity!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------