They REALLY stick out, but that's OK. 33.33% 1 33.33%
Stick out a bit - maybe try a softer haircut 0% 0 0%
They REALLY stick out, Try a softer haircut 0% 0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ears
11-16-2013, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 09:34 AM by Xavier.)
Ears
I tend to get my hair cut very short. My other half doesn't entirely approve! Perhaps a different haircut would help matters, or maybe I should be proud of the way I am!

Would my hair be better a bit longer, or much longer? How are those luggers?

Be honest! I can take it.
[Image: Pic1_zpsa56966da.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Ears
Please take a moment to vote - or make a few comments.
11-16-2013, 01:18 PM
I think the haircut looks really good and I don't think it exacerbates your perceived ear issue at all. Your ears look fine buddy, perhaps just a tiny bit more flared than the average but nothing to worry about, even though I know it is easier said than done and sometimes we (men AND women) dramatize any small "unique" body parts we have Smile

The haircut looks professional and suits you very well. I would say keep it as it is and at that length but, since you may be interested in spicing up your hair, you may try to grow the top a bit longer (0.5 to 1 inch), but keep the nice taper on the sides and the same length on the sides. Essentially, next time you go to the barber or hair dresser tell him/her you're planning to grow the top a bit and to do the same haircut on the sides and back.

Try also sweeping the hair to the side for a classic side swept hairstyle and use some pomade. When you have 1 inch of hair length on the top you can do some pretty classy side swepts that look very businessman like. An example of a cool side swept is that of Romain Dauriac http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...an-haircut

A good pomade for a side swept hairstyle and side parting your hair is this pomade (and if you don't have a good comb, then get this handmade men's comb).

Overall, your current haircut looks clean, professional and suits you!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-16-2013, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 01:22 PM by Xavier.)
Thanks very much.

Yeah, it's that professional image that I try to aim for.

I'm not bothered too much by the ears thing. It's how I am, and they're a feature. I'd love some more votes, though, just for curiosity!

I hope it's a manly sort of look too.
11-16-2013, 01:39 PM
(11-16-2013 01:22 PM)Xavier Wrote:  Thanks very much.

I'm not bothered too much by the ears thing. It's how I am, and they're a feature. I'd love some more votes, though, just for curiosity!

Well, that's a crew cut you have and that's as manly a haircut as it gets!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-16-2013, 01:40 PM
(11-16-2013 01:39 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(11-16-2013 01:22 PM)Xavier Wrote:  Thanks very much.

Well, that's a crew cut you have and that's as manly a haircut as it gets!

I figure, yes!

I have curly hair actually - no one would ever guess, would they!
11-16-2013, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 05:09 PM by Xavier.)
Please vote! For my wife's benefit really, as we had a bet! ;o) You can be totally honest.
11-16-2013, 05:55 PM
I agree with TMHF, your ears are fine although the haircut is so short next to the sides it makes the effect a bit more marked. Maybe if you grow the hair across the hairline (ear, neck etc) to a number 4 you would remove the emphasis from the ears.
I think your ears are fine, I have seen some bad cases of ears that stick out and urs is no way near those cases.
Cool haircut by btw, the hair doesnt look curly at all tho curly hair so short always deceives the hair type.
11-16-2013, 06:51 PM
(11-16-2013 05:55 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  I agree with TMHF, your ears are fine although the haircut is so short next to the sides it makes the effect a bit more marked. Maybe if you grow the hair across the hairline (ear, neck etc) to a number 4 you would remove the emphasis from the ears.
I think your ears are fine, I have seen some bad cases of ears that stick out and urs is no way near those cases.
Cool haircut by btw, the hair doesnt look curly at all tho curly hair so short always deceives the hair type.

Thanks -yes, it's too short to appear curly or wavy.

Please vote some more, and be totally honest!
11-17-2013, 03:11 AM
(11-16-2013 06:51 PM)Xavier Wrote:  
(11-16-2013 05:55 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  I agree with TMHF, your ears are fine although the haircut is so short next to the sides it makes the effect a bit more marked. Maybe if you grow the hair across the hairline (ear, neck etc) to a number 4 you would remove the emphasis from the ears.

Pic deleted by mistake - here it is again!
[Image: Pic1_zpse3c8a9e8.png]
11-24-2013, 07:05 AM
(11-17-2013 03:11 AM)Xavier Wrote:  
(11-16-2013 06:51 PM)Xavier Wrote:  

Pic deleted by mistake - here it is again!
[Image: Pic1_zpse3c8a9e8.png]

I still can't see it Huh
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------