Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry, slightly clumped hairstyle texture for long hair?
08-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Dry, slightly clumped hairstyle texture for long hair?
So I've been searching for guides on how to achieve a dry, clumpy sort of texture but I haven't been very successful. I'm hoping you can help.

I would describe it as the texture of dreadlocks or teased hair. The kind of hair grouping clumps you experience after a day at the beach.

My hair is about chin-length, slightly wavy, and very thick. Usually I get that type of clumpyness after tying my hair up and letting it dry, but only if I've added product like pomade (murray's). However, I'm unable to achieve the 'dry' look as my hair will often look oily and weighed down.

Do you have any suggestions? Perhaps I should try a different hair product that's not so oily?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Dry, slightly clumped hairstyle texture for long hair?
That's so funny I just posted a thread about achieving this look.. I'm still trying to figure it out as well
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing out long hair Zack17 0 39 10-20-2017 10:56 AM
Last Post: Zack17
  What do you consider before cutting your long hair as a guy? TheMensHairForum 7 42,108 10-17-2017 12:51 PM
Last Post: BlondeGuy
  How long did it take you to get to a pony tail and what length in front? BraveHairJourney 0 205 08-20-2017 07:00 PM
Last Post: BraveHairJourney
  Neckline haircut while growing hair long QadrKhalid 2 1,233 07-17-2017 10:53 AM
Last Post: Robert.Brown