Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does your diet makes your facial hair grow fast or slow?
07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Does your diet makes your facial hair grow fast or slow?
for few months, i have been living without my parents ( so i eat whatever i want, and not on time, diet not so perfect), i have been noticing my facial hair is growing slowly.

so does food affects on how fast the facial hair and moustache grows?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: Does your diet makes your facial hair grow fast or slow?
Yes, your diet will affect the rate of growth of your beard, the same way that your diet and nutrition will affect the rate of growth of your scalp hair as well as the quality of the hair that you produce.

Your hair is not vital to preserve in case of malnutrition or illness, which is why hair falls off when one is very ill or when starvation occurs. In the case of not having good enough nutrition e.g. a bad diet), then the hair quality is impaired (i.e. brittle hair) and the rate of growth slows down.

In this forum, we have talked in the past about hair nutrition and how the right nutrients through food and nutritional supplements can make a huge difference on how fast your hair grows and how strong and glossy (from sebum secretion) it is. Both scalp hair and facial hair grow similarly and require the same nutrients, so I am giving you below a lit of nutrients that you should aim to satisfy daily so as to have great facial hair and be able to rock great facial hairstyles (i.e. aesthetic facial hair)!
  • Vitamin C: vitamin C is a must for mens health and for hair health. Citrus fruit contains plenty of vitamin C. You can also use this supplement to get your daily needs of vitamin C
  • Vitamin A: vitamin A is a vitamin that strengthens the skin and follicles and keeps them supple. Meat and fortified milk has plenty of vitamin A. You may also get your daily vitamin A with this supplement.
  • Biotin: biotin is involved in the growth of hair. Eggs contain biotin. You can also use this biotin supplement to get your daily dose easily.
  • Vitamin E: vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that fights inflammation and helps to protect the skin and follicles from damage. Nuts and olive oil have healthy amounts of vitamin E. You can also get your vitamin E needs in a convenient manner with this supplement!
  • Zinc: zinc is the male mineral! involves in so many body processes, including follicle strength. Meat has plenty of zinc. You can also get your daily zinc with this supplement.
  • Fish oil: fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for skin and follicle health. Omega-3 is also involved in the manufacturing of your sebum. You can either eat oily fish like salmon for your daily fish oil intake or conveniently take this fish oil supplement.
  • Whey protein: to achieve the fastest hair growth possible within your genetic code,you need to ensure that you're taking enough protein. A scoop of this organic whey protein in a glass of milk will add about 20 extra grams of protein to your diet which will ensure that you get the right protein intake under most scenarios for building strong hair that grows fast! You only need a scoop of this recommended organic whey protein in the link, and don't worry, whey protein is a safe supplement in that it is like milk powder but without the lactose, so even lactose-intolerant men can usually tolerate whey very well!
The above nutritional supplements in the links will help you tremendously in ensuring that you are getting the vital nutrients for facial hair growth that a man needs. By the way, all the supplements recommended in the links are high quality and are supplements that have been used by our forum staff or forum members in the past. When it comes to nutritional supplements, you want to pay for quality, even if it costs a couple bucks more Smile

Last but not least, you can also take a good multi-vitamin supplement for men. A high-quality multi-vitamin product will come with several of the above minerals and vitamins in doses that equate your daily needs. However, I still recommend you to get the single products as per each one listed above, as multi-vitamins usually focus on other vitamins and minerals that aren't as essential to hair as the ones I have listed above!

To finish off my post, always check with your doctor prior to using any new nutritional supplement. All the nutritional supplements above are "safe" from an end-consumer purpose but only a doctor can legally state that a supplement will be medically safe for you Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Great to know whey protein helps hair growth, as it's already a part of my daily diet lol
07-20-2014, 12:11 PM
yes i started taking some why protein after reading the mens hair book and i find that my hair grows faster, Not just the hair... my nails too. Hair and nails also feel stronger. No complaints here Big Grin
02-05-2015, 01:44 PM
I've struggled with growing a mustache my entire life and I'm nearly 30. I have no problem growing the beard and everything else, but when it comes to the Stache, I just don't have it.
02-16-2015, 05:24 AM
In short? Yes. Among other things.

As other users already explained, protein helps with hair growth. Not only that, sleeping a steady cycle of eight hours a night also helps. A lot. I've recently started working shifts and the lack of sleep increased my hair loss and made my skin look somewhat unhealthy.

A balanced diet is very important for other parts of your body too. Personally, I used to have a problem of excessive sweating and I noticed a significant improve once I cut down on salt, fried and sweets and started eating more grilled, low fat meat, rice and salads.

Guess it's true what they say, "you are what you eat"
02-16-2015, 07:15 AM
(02-16-2015 05:24 AM)Il_Cavalieri Wrote:  In short? Yes. Among other things.

As other users already explained, protein helps with hair growth. Not only that, sleeping a steady cycle of eight hours a night also helps. A lot. I've recently started working shifts and the lack of sleep increased my hair loss and made my skin look somewhat unhealthy.

A balanced diet is very important for other parts of your body too. Personally, I used to have a problem of excessive sweating and I noticed a significant improve once I cut down on salt, fried and sweets and started eating more grilled, low fat meat, rice and salads.

Guess it's true what they say, "you are what you eat"

This, and also the rest of posts in this thread.
Hair is made of protein after all. Also the sebum in your hair is made from fatty acids. Add that follicles in the scalp are part of the skin system and your hair becomes a reflection of your diet. I have proven this as sometimes our barbershop clients will get talking about their lifestyle and what they do, usually the ones with bad diets, smoking, huge stress, pot smokers etc tend to have ratty wired hair. No matter how well you cut their hair or the hair products they use, their hair has that rats health look.

I actually think guys should start 1st with their diets before jumping into buying huge amounts of hair products hoping to find the golden egg of mens hair products.

Oh i just realised that the question was about facial hair and not scalp hair! Big Grin the same applies tho. If you're wanting to grow a beard fast then protein and omega 3 fats are your best friend. Just don't over-do it mate.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can I grow skyrim beard Skyrimbeard 1 142 11-15-2016 11:47 AM
Last Post: Cemmos
  Facial hair taxonomy - Illustrative reference in sections The Hairstylist 0 204 10-09-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Facial hair and beard styles stereotypes in the media - Report The Hairstylist 0 205 10-09-2016 09:07 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  How to grow full beard without facial hair looking silly? 13C200 0 347 10-01-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post: 13C200