Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this haircut look good on me?
11-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Question Does this haircut look good on me?
I got a haircut, short on the sides and longer on the top which is styled. I've always had confidence issues with myself because I never felt I looked good in any haircut ive had.. so ive had tons of styles.

I never knew my faceshape so finding a good haircut has been hard. I still don't know it to this day, I feel it's a mix of some? Idk. Lemme know what you think

It's pretty much a fauxhawk.. uhm. Yeah. Does it look good on me? I had facial hair but people kept telling me to shave. Ive been told I look good with and without it, im trying to look my best here yall.

So does this work for me and my faceshape? Or do I look like.. uh. Honey Boo Boo? Sad

I'll take any advice to improve myself

Here's the pic
[Image: 2g9e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: Does this haircut look good on me?
Hey bro, it looks great! Smile

Looks great for your face shape. If I'm correct you got an undercut and left the top with length, you have the face shape to pull it!

I'm pretty sure you have already read our Undercut hairstyle thread but if not, read it because you have lots of ways to style the top. I like it just like that, very similar to the hairstyles of Zayn Malik!

If you want to Faux Hawk hairstyle, use your hands to direct the hair to the middle. Really work on creating a pyramid of hair when you look to the front. Have a try if you want and post the picture.

But bro, cheer up that confidence. Haircut looks great and I have seen lots of and lots of haircuts Smile Let us know about the Faux Hawk etc! I'll ping Barber to get his opinion, he is usually very blunt so he will tell you straight away LOL

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-06-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 01:55 PM by bugmenot.)
(11-06-2013 10:57 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Hey bro, it looks great! Smile

Looks great for your face shape. If I'm correct you got an undercut and left the top with length, you have the face shape to pull it!

I'm pretty sure you have already read our Undercut hairstyle thread but if not, read it because you have lots of ways to style the top. I like it just like that, very similar to the hairstyles of Zayn Malik!

If you want to Faux Hawk hairstyle, use your hands to direct the hair to the middle. Really work on creating a pyramid of hair when you look to the front. Have a try if you want and post the picture.

But bro, cheer up that confidence. Haircut looks great and I have seen lots of and lots of haircuts Smile Let us know about the Faux Hawk etc! I'll ping Barber to get his opinion, he is usually very blunt so he will tell you straight away LOL

Hey bro thanks for the nice words. It's very short on the sides and longer on the top. My friend told me that my sides were to short and it was to long on the top.. which kinda made me look at myself differently. I have been stressing to find the right haircut for me. The only issue I think ive ever had as far as hair quality goes is it's kindve thin.. so I stay cautious not to do anything crazy. I feel ive damaged it alot more then I should have overtime. What do you think my faceshape is? You don't think it makes me look bad honestly..? I've been stressing bro hah
11-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Here's another picture of the cut for another example of it right now..

[Image: w4o8.png]
11-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Two more views of it..

[Image: wkqa.jpg]

[Image: sl8a.jpg]
11-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Brother, don't overstress about your image. I know you're young and it's not easy to not overstress about your looks, but see this (including changing your hair) as a part of finding who you are and feeling comfortable in your own skin Smile

Personally, I think the haircut is good, from the front it looks great. Also, your temples are vertical which is a good sign, it means you can pull military haircuts and undercuts like a boss! Cool

I see what you got on the sides, I initially thought it was an Undercut but now I see it has been a small taper and the you got the sideburns faded or clipped with no guard. It's the sideburns that sort of breaks the harmony of the haircut, usually for haircuts with lots of length on the top like yours, you want the sides to not take away from the look of the top, so you want either an Undercut or a fade done. I think your haircut would have the icing on the cake if the sideburns had been left the same length as the rest of the sides and back, although I can understand why your barber chose to do that too, no probs there.

My personal advice is to either clip the sides/back to a #2 in an Undercut or to get a fade done like in the picture attached (click to see it). In fact, I think that fade in the picture would look awesome on you!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-07-2013, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 12:12 PM by bugmenot.)
(11-07-2013 10:18 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  My personal advice is to either clip the sides/back to a #2 in an Undercut or to get a fade done like in the picture attached (click to see it). In fact, I think that fade in the picture would look awesome on you!

Thanks for the kind words.

It's a #1 on the sides.. so like. I have clippers here. Should I just get the number one and cut the back to match the sides? Or? Because I don't really know how I can do it to make it look good. I don't really know if I should run back to get my haircut adjusted.. Idk what I should do..
11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Nah buddy, if you have a hair clipper it's very easy to do. Do you have sufficient mirrors at to use though (ideally 2, better 3)? This is very important to clip your hair in an Undercut (or have someone like a parent do it, it's really easy).

But then you could just go to the barber, ask him to clip the sides/back with a #1, then every 3 weeks you clip the hair yourself again. Up to you, but your haircut doesn't look bad at all, just that getting an even length or a proper fade will make it look even better!

We have mentioned two 3-panel mirrors in the fade haircut thread. But just FYI this 3-panel mirror is pretty good and from an actual hair product company. Worth an investment if you want to give yourself haircuts in the future Smile

11-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Looks good don't stress it. I agree with getting the fade, would complete the look. Now just have some confidence and it'll look even better.
11-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Hair looks very good mate, you can do the undercut yourself fwiw just be careful when youre working the back as you will have a blind spot if only using 1 mirror, get yourself a mirror complex with 3 panels preferably like the one Tmhf gave you above.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
11-08-2013, 07:27 PM
(11-08-2013 05:59 PM)Barber Wrote:  Hair looks very good mate, you can do the undercut yourself fwiw just be careful when youre working the back as you will have a blind spot if only using 1 mirror, get yourself a mirror complex with 3 panels preferably like the one Tmhf gave you above.

Thank you bro, you guys don't think my hair is to thin? I look at every flaw on me I guess.. I have this set idea that my hair is to thin for anything. Which makes it hard to pick a style I enjoy.. If I decide to do this.. it's a #1 on the back up to a straight line or the top of the head.. I would assume? I'm pretty sure you dont have to blend no? Also would you happen to know my faceshape if you had to guess?
12-28-2013, 06:13 PM
You have a really nice hair, I think this hairstyle could fit you too.

[Image: hairstyles-for-long-face-shape-men.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 286 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 192 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 220 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,047 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum