Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does not using hair products make your hair grow longer and faster?
09-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Does not using hair products make your hair grow longer and faster?
I remember a couple years ago I had a lot of hair and I refused to get it cut, but I never washed it, just rinsed it with water. It was pretty greasy and itchy and gross, but it was long. I want to grow my hair out again and was wondering if this actually works or not. I want to wash my hair this time. I am using Head and Shoulders shampoo+conditioner and I guess my hair is not completely chemical free but it is product free. But of course when my hair is long enough I will use hairspray. So does not using hair products like wax, pomade, gel, and hairspray help grow hair or not?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: Does not using hair products make your hair grow longer and faster?
I dont think it'll be making a difference or at least the usual hair products won't. I have read nutrition does play a big role on hair growth tho, protein, fish oils, vitamins etc i think i read here tea tree oil can help with faster hair growth and i remember that becuz someone at the barbershop i'm practising mentioned it helped him.
But usual hair products? nah
09-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Yes Bradley is correct.
If you read "The Mens Hair Book" Rogelio mentions that to speed the growth of hair a good diet is needed but you cannot get more hair growth than what your genes allow. He also mentions other supplements that "can" help, some are caffeine, tea tree oil and ketoconazole (an anti fungal) but he says this is for treating hair loss and not to speed the growth of hair. To speed the growth of hair he basically says it is all experimental and nothing is proven to which I agree.
But just not using hair products at all? from my experience no, you will not find a difference because no commercial products slow down the growth of hair for starters.
01-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Just don't use cheap products of you want healthy hair.
03-12-2014, 03:07 AM
it does not have too much effect.. so do not worry
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wavy hair on top is silky and shiny but hair on sides is dry kail461 0 801 09-09-2015 06:01 AM
Last Post: kail461
  How to make henna and use henna to color male hair? Freddie 2 2,350 07-05-2015 09:07 AM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber
  Tips for Natural Hair Men on Styling, Hair Care and Haircuts Sunset 1 1,652 07-01-2015 10:13 AM
Last Post: Freddie
  Natural hair coloring for men? products, advice etc Robert 1 1,583 12-10-2014 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sunset