Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does humidity affect straight hair of men?
10-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Does humidity affect straight hair of men?
Now I was checking out the curly hair section when I read humidity affects curly hair. But does humidity also affect straight hair?

I know that moisture is good for hair and how to get it on the hair from the men's hair book. But I have yet to go to any crazy high humid location yet to test the high humidity factor on hair. Here is the curly hair and humidity thread.
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ts-for-men
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2014, 07:31 AM
RE: Does humidity affect straight hair of men?
Good question I would also be interested in the answer/we all hear about humidity and afros but I don't think I have heard of straight hair turning into an afro.
10-27-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Does humidity affect straight hair of men?
Humidity affects straight hair like it affects curly hair. Its curly hair that swells up huge into what you guys call the afro. If you have read the Curly Hair book, there is a chapter where all this is explained and how curly hair takes more volume at the same density, meaning that any changes that occur to the hair will be magnified!

This is why curly hair swells up so much with humidity while straight hair gains some volume but not the massive volume of curly hair.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 279 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 388 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 390 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok
  Problem With Straight,Thick Black Hair Sertinjo 0 855 03-20-2016 03:02 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo