Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does chest hair removal increase muscle definition?
09-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Question Does chest hair removal increase muscle definition?
Hi fellas I already asked a question on chest hair removal. However I would like to now ask if removing chest hair makes the chest look more muscular? I have been hearing this from a couple of buds from the gym and how bodybuilders shave all their body to increase muscle definition. Chest hair included. Similar to how tanning also seems to increase muscular definition.

Would be interested to know the answer to this. Am also pretty sure that other guys would be interested in this as this alone to spend time at the beach if you are a gym guy would be worth trying... Big Grin thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Does chest hair removal increase muscle definition?
Yeah if you shave your chest hair or remove it with any other means, then yes your chest will look more defined. That does not mean that your chest will be more muscular or have less fat so it shows the definition better.

Chest hair can really get in the way of showing the shape of the muscles and not just on the chest. Chest hair also cancels any light reflection so it hides your contrasting muscles which again is not good if you just want to show off your muscles. Bodybuilders remove their body hair for that. Correct.
11-15-2014, 07:38 PM
(09-23-2014 04:12 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Yeah if you shave your chest hair or remove it with any other means, then yes your chest will look more defined. That does not mean that your chest will be more muscular or have less fat so it shows the definition better.

Chest hair can really get in the way of showing the shape of the muscles and not just on the chest. Chest hair also cancels any light reflection so it hides your contrasting muscles which again is not good if you just want to show off your muscles. Bodybuilders remove their body hair for that. Correct.

Hello, i mostly agree with you but i want to add some more infos. Well, shaving and definition rely heavily on body fat % as well as skin color. Darker skin colors tend to look more muscular. Also even if you shave your chest having 18 % bodyfat (a random number) wont make any difference. It all comes down to bodyfat + skin color. Shaving will benefit you only if you meet the criteria i stated. Hope i helpedSmile
01-15-2015, 11:24 AM
no it just makes it look more toned because you have no hair there
02-06-2015, 11:20 AM
It's good to know
05-26-2015, 11:22 AM
It will make the definition look more defined. So if you are muscular it wil make you look more muscular. If you have some fat rolls, they will be more obvious as well.
12-16-2015, 09:15 AM
(05-26-2015 11:22 AM)slybeard Wrote:  It will make the definition look more defined. So if you are muscular it wil make you look more muscular. If you have some fat rolls, they will be more obvious as well.

I do agree with you. Depends on your muscles.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to remove Ear Hair, Chest hair and leg hair for TEENS herehair 2 1,998 12-31-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Will I grow chest hair? I don't have any so far and I'm Asian US Asian 4 2,956 12-16-2015 09:24 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  At what age does chest hair grow or start growing? The Kid 3 10,921 12-16-2015 09:22 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Hair removal treatments for men's body hair and facial hair Sunset 0 925 07-21-2015 01:53 PM
Last Post: Sunset