Poll: Do you Shave or Trim any of your body hair?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you Manscape? Manscaping forum poll
01-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Wink Do you Manscape? Manscaping forum poll
Manscaping refers to shaving or trimming your body hair either in full or only in certain areas. Men grow body hair differently, with some men growing a lot of hair all over their body while other men growing a lot of hair only in certain body parts such as the chest or the legs. Lastly, some men don't grow any noticeable hair whatsoever even after puberty/adolescence.

So, do you manscape and, if so, what body parts?

I'll go first, I used to shave my chest in my younger years when I was bodybuilding and when it would be summer time. Lots of women in the age bracket of 18 to 29 love a shaved muscular chest while I find women 30 and above prefer a muscular "hairy" chest.

Your turn!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: Do you Manscape? Manscaping forum poll
I would shave all of my body...all of it! but I had the perfect excuse, I was a swimmer Tongue I have a lot of body hair and having to shave it all for training was so inconvenient. My ex girlfriend of the time would tell me to wax and no way I am doing that lol
Luckily no more body shaving for me anymore except for facial hair. I still swim but just as a hobby after work so I can do with my fur adding an extra kilo or two of dead wet weight Big Grin
01-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Never been interested in manscaping although I am interested in trimming and shaping my facial hair and of course the hair on my head but thats about it.
01-06-2014, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 10:57 AM by Alex.)
yes i have and will even admit i have manscaped down there where the sun dont shine as they say...did it at college in my first year as the girl i was with at the time liked it for some kinky reason...let me tell you it *** itches the 1st time after you shave.
Ever since i have let it grew natural-ly not gonna do that stuff again. I do also shave my chest hair when its summer so i get to show off the abs and get some serious mirin' time from the ladies.
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
yup i shave me chest
i have very kinky curly hair on my chest and my gf doesnt like it even though she likes my head hair and plays with my curls - she says she likes to rest her head on my chest and feel skin and not some wiry hairs lol dont mind doing it as she does do some funky stuff prior to the stage where she puts her head on my chest if u know wat am sayin bros

(01-06-2014 10:56 AM)Alex Wrote:  yes i have and will even admit i have manscaped down there where the sun dont shine as they say...did it at college in my first year as the girl i was with at the time liked it for some kinky reason...let me tell you it *** itches the 1st time after you shave.
Ever since i have let it grew natural-ly not gonna do that stuff again. I do also shave my chest hair when its summer so i get to show off the abs and get some serious mirin' time from the ladies.

[Image: tumblr_lgxpiaKYy91qa556so1_500.png]
01-09-2014, 11:07 AM
4 crying out loud of course not!!
04-13-2015, 10:56 PM
I just shave down there Big Grin Would never do my arms, legs, chest or anywhere else.
04-14-2015, 06:41 AM
I do manscape. But I do it more because I have tried a lot of electric trimmers over the years so I have quite a few laying around in my house or that I have given to my brothers. I'm a hairy dude and I also have sensitive skin so shaving my body hair just turns me into a blushing peach. No thanks so it's all about using electric body hair trimmers.

It's kind of interesting seeing how the whole manscaping trend was frowned upon right until the nineties. It was in the early 2000s that the metrosexual trend was started and that's when manscaping really took off and heterosexual guys starting shaving or trimming their body hair. Right until the early 2000s you would get called a lot of bad names if you were found out to be trimming your body hair. Unless it was for a performance issue like cyclists and swimmers do.

It's also funny that the lumbersexual trend of today is the opposite. This is the 'hipster beard meets the undercut hairstyle' trend that we have been having for the last couple of years. At least in terms of facial hair, the lumbersexual trend is all about having the shaggiest facial hair. Same with body hair although some lumbersexuals will trim their body hair. They just won't touch their beard or let anyone else touch their beards! Big Grin
04-14-2015, 11:27 PM
I would ONLY consider waxing my back or a long term procedure when it started looking gross. I am younger and it is sort of hairy on my lower back with peach fuzz on my upper back so I hope it doesnt get to bad as the years progress.
04-15-2015, 08:49 AM
I might start manscaping, once I get a lean physique, i wanna shave my back, chest, and legs, all of which are disgustingly hairy lol
08-10-2016, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 02:17 PM by Galaxydriver32.)
I'm just 16 yet, but my body and facial hair is in full development which honestly I'm really happy with. I don't think I'd be the type to do manscaping and definitely not shaving as I like it as hairy as possible.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The rising trend of manscaping and body hair grooming Sunset 1 3,083 08-20-2014 06:24 AM
Last Post: Bradley