Poll: In your opinion, do women love or hate chest hair?
Love it, the Tom Sellect P.I. Magnum look is alive and still rocking it
Hate it, women want us to have as much hair in our chest as they have in their chest
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do women love or hate chest hair in men? Your opinion voiced
01-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Do women love or hate chest hair in men? Your opinion voiced
More men are shaving their body hair and especially their chest hair. Likewise more and more women seem to prefer a shaved chest although this number seems to not be high enough yet to convince all of us men to start shaving our chest hair.

In the 1970s, chest hair was seen as a manly and sexually appealing male attribute and shaving it was not even an option to consider for men at the time, except for bodybuilders who were a fraction of a fraction of the male population anyway. Regular Joes liked to have chest hair and would proudly show it off.

However, times have changed and an increasing amount of women (again, a small number) hate chest hair and even make fun of it by equating it to hyper macho "no brains" male traits. All you need to do is pick an issue of Cosmopolitan and read how they try to push their female readers to convince their men to shave their chest hair LOL I have skimmed a couple of my girl's magazines and from what I have read, chest hair has really lost its appeal with the younger ladies, not my girl tho and she actually loves my chest hair. I find women over 30 in USA seem to still like chest hair but ladies under 30 are the opposite.

What do you think or have experienced? Do women love or hate chest hair in men? Do they find it sexy or gross? Let us hear what you folks have to say!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Do women love or hate chest hair in men? Your opinion voiced
Two opposite examples to add more to the debate of chest hair vs shaved: Tom Selleck's hairy chest vs. David Beckham's shaved chest hair.

Tom Selleck's chest hair

[Image: 3241694f0cac950772d5f274cddf4866.jpg]

David Beckham's shirtless shaved chest

[Image: David%20Beckham%20walks%20off%20the%20pi...ess-827625]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-04-2014, 05:52 PM
TMHF I voted -- hate it == because i am getting that vibe from women in euro countries. Like if you shave your chest hair you are hip and modern & probably have money because you have so much free time to look after your hairiness. If you have visible chest hair, you are old, out dated and uncool.
Thats how I am seeing euro women thinking of chest hair & by euro I am talking of western Europe: UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium... even Spain & Italy!!
Times are changing and they are changing fast.
01-05-2014, 12:48 PM
I think most women still luv chest hair & its just the twenty somethings who are whiteknighted and who think they can always get away with what they want that want their men with a hairless chest.
So long as one isn't a bear and doesnt wear his shirts unbuttoned showing his fur then most women will love the chest hair!
01-06-2014, 11:01 AM
My romantic experience is with women in the age bracket of 20 to 28 and i can tell you they want us to be hair free for the most part. I was in France for six months too and while the american girls wanted no hair the french girls were cool with the hair...and the myth about french women been hairy is false, well...maybe down there it isnt but the one about not shaving their armpits is false Tongue every college girl in Paris is like at least an 8... some serious stuff there
01-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I think it really depends on the woman your dating:
> girls who who take selfies, wear fake tan and do the pouting mouth thing - they want their man (or slave) with a shaved chest
> real woman who is not only good looking and intelligent but also a keeper - they want a real man and not one based around fads and trends
03-13-2014, 02:38 PM
For the girl from 20 to 30 shaved chest is the best no doubt, maybe some over 30 like chest hair (not the bear type)
03-13-2014, 04:08 PM
(03-13-2014 02:38 PM)claesson Wrote:  For the girl from 20 to 30 shaved chest is the best no doubt, maybe some over 30 like chest hair (not the bear type)

Yes this seems to be the consensus. Younger women prefer a ripped dude with a tan and no chest hair or body hair. Older - but still young! - women prefer a more manly appearance so basically natural chest hair and a bulky - but not fat - appearance. Although like claesson said, no matter how much older women like chest hair... the bear type hairy dude is a no no & is better then shaving the hair lol
04-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Women are different. most of them suppose that hair on your chest means you are a real man.
12-28-2014, 06:14 AM
(04-07-2014 12:13 AM)billy Wrote:  
Women are different. most of them suppose that hair on your chest means you are a real man.

When I was younger I used to think the other way, because of trends, and I am a bit the hairy type... but I felt relieved after asking some women I knew, most of them would say they like chest hair, to my own surprise, this is a sign of manliness... anyway, now I think this is mostly a personal issue: how do you feel more comfortable and good with yourself, this is a much more important 'real-man' asset.
01-14-2015, 11:09 PM
it depends on the girl
04-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Women like men to look like men which usually includes having hair on your body. I have never had one complain about mine!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to remove Ear Hair, Chest hair and leg hair for TEENS herehair 2 1,999 12-31-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Will I grow chest hair? I don't have any so far and I'm Asian US Asian 4 2,956 12-16-2015 09:24 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  At what age does chest hair grow or start growing? The Kid 3 10,926 12-16-2015 09:22 AM
Question Does chest hair removal increase muscle definition? Alex 6 8,525 12-16-2015 09:15 AM