Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do certain conditioners give you headaches?
03-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Do certain conditioners give you headaches?
I've been using Hanz De Fuko's conditioner for almost a year now. I use it once a week after shampooing and leave it on there for 2-3 minutes before washing it off. Problem is everytime I use it I'm left with a terrible headache until the next day. Is this a common conditioner complaint or do you think it's specific to only this one conditioner?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Conditioners do not cause headaches in men.
No, conditioners should not give you headaches. The ingredients used in conditioners are approved to be safe and they're common ingredients. Even if they had an ingredient that caused headaches, you'd have to plaster your scalp with the conditioner for it to be absorbed by the body, which isn't how you have to use a conditioner. The point of a hair conditioner is to coat the hair strands with it except for the scalp; the scalp (where your hair follicles reside) should be kept clean and free of product.

Having said the above, I wasn't aware that Hanz de Fuko had a conditioner. I know they have hairstyling products but not a conditioner, although that brand in particular isn't one that I follow much. Out of all the hair conditioner brands that I know, I cannot think of any that would have any ingredients that would cause you a headache. While I don't know the Hanz de Fuko conditioner, I'm pretty sure that their conditioner is as safe as any other conditioner that I know.

I'd look into other variables of your day to day for the headache. Are you using a hair dryer or hair straightener? Are you pulling your hair very hard (e.g. to comb your hair into a side swept style) or tying your into a man bun, top knot or any other kind of tied long hairstyle?

I would also look into other variables in your lifestyle. Are you having breakfast and is it prior to using the conditioner?

Do you take any pills in the morning (including psychiatric medication and any health supplements)?

Are you drinking a lot of caffeine in the morning? Are you diabetic?

I could think of many more reasons for getting a headache but none of them would be the use of a conditioner. Anything that you can think of that could cause the headache?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-11-2015, 09:04 AM
RE: Do certain conditioners give you headaches?
(03-11-2015 06:59 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  No, conditioners should not give you headaches. The ingredients used in conditioners are approved to be safe and they're common ingredients. Even if they had an ingredient that caused headaches, you'd have to plaster your scalp with the conditioner for it to be absorbed by the body, which isn't how you have to use a conditioner. The point of a hair conditioner is to coat the hair strands with it except for the scalp; the scalp (where your hair follicles reside) should be kept clean and free of product.

Having said the above, I wasn't aware that Hanz de Fuko had a conditioner. I know they have hairstyling products but not a conditioner, although that brand in particular isn't one that I follow much. Out of all the hair conditioner brands that I know, I cannot think of any that would have any ingredients that would cause you a headache. While I don't know the Hanz de Fuko conditioner, I'm pretty sure that their conditioner is as safe as any other conditioner that I know.

I'd look into other variables of your day to day for the headache. Are you using a hair dryer or hair straightener? Are you pulling your hair very hard (e.g. to comb your hair into a side swept style) or tying your into a man bun, top knot or any other kind of tied long hairstyle?

I would also look into other variables in your lifestyle. Are you having breakfast and is it prior to using the conditioner?

Do you take any pills in the morning (including psychiatric medication and any health supplements)?

Are you drinking a lot of caffeine in the morning? Are you diabetic?

I could think of many more reasons for getting a headache but none of them would be the use of a conditioner. Anything that you can think of that could cause the headache?

Hanz de Fuko make a conditioner, here's a link with more information about it.

Also if people are interested I can write a small review about it? I've actually been thinking about trying a new conditioner for some time now. It's not that it's bad but I feel like there's better conditioners out there.

Anyway about the actual headache haha, I don't drink any caffeine, not diabetic, and not on any medication. I usually condition and style my hair before eating breakfast. I usually start getting the headaches when I use hair wax after conditioning. Something about the two when combined seems to cause it. I don't use any heat when styling, just hair wax. But maybe the hard pulling of the hairs after conditioning is what causes it?
03-12-2015, 10:25 AM
I don't know either why you could have headaches, surely it can't be the conditioner. I saw the ingredients in the link & they have a lot of herbal stuff in it which won't be bad for you. Like he said above you would have to absorb that stuff through the skin of the hair & bathe yourself with the conditioner - empty a whole bottle as a bathing gel - to even begin to worry about absorbing anything - not even anything that could be bad.

You will be fine.

(03-11-2015 09:04 AM)GoodHair Wrote:  Hanz de Fuko make a conditioner, here's a link with more information about it.

Also if people are interested I can write a small review about it? I've actually been thinking about trying a new conditioner for some time now. It's not that it's bad but I feel like there's better conditioners out there.

Anyway about the actual headache haha, I don't drink any caffeine, not diabetic, and not on any medication. I usually condition and style my hair before eating breakfast. I usually start getting the headaches when I use hair wax after conditioning. Something about the two when combined seems to cause it. I don't use any heat when styling, just hair wax. But maybe the hard pulling of the hairs after conditioning is what causes it?

Sure post a review in this hair products section Smile Use the title of the conditioner as it is and then tell us about your experience. I edited out the link as the staff team reviews all outgoing links before posting but I saw the conditioner & it just has a lot of herbal stuff.

Would be great to hear your experience with it!
03-15-2015, 07:09 PM
Sure, next time I'm free I'll write a review on it.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What mirror to use for haircuts I give myself?? Anton 2 14,070 01-18-2014 04:24 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum