Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need a conditioner?
08-27-2014, 05:11 AM
Do I need a conditioner?
Hey everyone! I have been using Neutrogena's 2-in-1 dandruff shampoo (it has vitamin E in it). Do you think this conditions the hair well enough or do I still need a separate conditioner? To me, it seems fine. I do have matrix conditioning balm that I find works great with my straight hair, should I use that after the Neutrogena shampoo? Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2014, 07:29 AM
RE: Do I need a conditioner?
(08-27-2014 05:11 AM)udm1192 Wrote:  Hey everyone! I have been using Neutrogena's 2-in-1 dandruff shampoo (it has vitamin E in it). Do you think this conditions the hair well enough or do I still need a separate conditioner? To me, it seems fine. I do have matrix conditioning balm that I find works great with my straight hair, should I use that after the Neutrogena shampoo? Thank you.

Dandruff shampoos tend to be a bit harsher than regular shampoos, so you certainly need conditioner after using a dandruff shampoo.

Yes, use the Matrix conditioning balm you have after the shampoo. Just follow the instructions, which are to leave the product on your hair between 1 to 3 minutes. The best way to do this is to simply shampoo your hair first (it'll take you 60 seconds if following the methods on The Men's Hair Book), rinse the shampoo, apply the conditioner to your hair (again, should take you 30 to 60 seconds), and then continue washing your body. By the time you've finished washing your body, the conditioner will be ready to be rinsed. It can be easily done in 5 minutes with no inconvenience.

Many men think that using a conditioner is for girls or it's too time consuming, but only if they knew the above by either reading our forum or reading The Men's Hair Book, then they'd change their mind since conditioners can do wonders for men's hair (the same way you've experienced Smile).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to shampoo and use a hair conditioner for men Stevens 27 100,823 05-02-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: Refrusloi
  Good shampoo and conditioner for men from same brand? Vladimir 1 1,488 11-25-2014 02:44 PM
Last Post: Sunset