Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected undercut hairstyle pictures
11-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Question Disconnected undercut hairstyle pictures
It'd be great if the experts here could post some pictures of the disconnected undercut hairstyle. I am confused with the disconnected undercut and a regular undercut. I am sure the difference is minimal as there has been discussions of the disconnected under cut in the past but surely some pictures would help with the difference!

Any of the barbers can post pictures? Smile

As a side note there are so many fail websites confusing undercuts with other haircuts like the crew cut and the fade. Who the heck writes for all those spam sites? Surely it cannot be a barber because even regular guys like me can tell the difference. Sorry just had to voice that out Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Difference between the two Undercuts with pictures.
The disconnected Undercut is what we call a Bowl Cut. The difference between the Undercut and the disconnected Undercut is minimal, albeit important to note. The disconnected version makes no attempt to smooth the sharp perimeter of the Undercut, while the regular version does attempt to smooth it and create a more aesthetic haircut.

The disconnected haircut is what many young men (and women) got as haircuts by the mother placing a bowl on their heads. The mothers would buzz and trim anything below the bowl, so you'd end up looking like a mushroom as the perimeter of the hair from the top of the head was too sharp. Hence, the hair from the top "disconnected" from the hair on the sides and back of the head. This disconnected haircut is easily achieved with a hair clipper and no trimming of the perimeters.

You can have a look at the huge amount of Undercut hairstyle pictures that we have for great examples of the common Undercut. On the other hand and to illustrate the sharp perimeter and edge of the disconnect, I am posting below some disconnected Undercut haircut pictures.

Lastly, some barbers and hairdressers will understand the term "disconnected' as that of a regular Undercut, so it's always best to print out a picture of the exact haircut you want to then take to the barbershop or hair salon. Sometimes the difference between the regular version and the disconnected version is minimal, so it's best to use the printed picture approach instead of simply using a haircut name.

[Image: c1dc14b9bf705577480bf3cdcbe0e314.jpg]

[Image: 920d22c61368b2fb97e7e9a8e3ff1024.jpg]

[Image: aeb49b6fbe394b4e7ca1a0a88036b0f4.jpg]

[Image: 35508b5683bc6a60a0c0297194be7718.jpg]

[Image: 083b82127debbcf6494375a39e781054.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-04-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Disconnected undercut hairstyle pictures
That is awesome Admin thanks a lot! It clears up my confusion and your right. It's way better to hit the barbershop with some kind of printed pic or even a hairstyle pic from the forum on your phone to show to the barber.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut hairstyle with longer sides to stop Asian hair from sticking out? pt3407 0 79 12-07-2016 05:52 AM
Last Post: pt3407
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 89 12-06-2016 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 125 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 295 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1