Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected undercut haircut with slicked back hair problem
07-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Disconnected undercut haircut with slicked back hair problem
Hey, I'm letting my hair at the top grow and is trying to achieve a neat disconnected undercut. I'm doing my sides and back by myself.
My problem is that my hair is naturally going towards my right side, while i want it to go more backwards with this haircut.
You've with more experience than me with this; will it get easier to put back as it gets longer or can the barber cut it in a way so it grows and goes more backwards than to the side?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: Disconnected undercut haircut with slicked back hair problem
This is a common problem for men with short hair. You really cannot comb and slick your hair back until you have about four inches or ten centimetres of hair length in the slicked back undercut. So a good question to ask you since you didn't mention it already is, how long is your hair right now?

If you read around the forum there are guidelines about the slicked back undercut that mention that a hair length that is between four to six inches is the perfect hair length for the slick back undercut hairstyle. There is even an excellent guide on the slicked back undercut hairstyle in this link:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...s-products

If you read that undercut guide you will get a lot out of it and you will see why having short hair isn't a good idea to slick your hair back.

One more thing that we need to know is your hair type. Do you have straight hair, wavy hair, coiled curly hair or kinky curly hair? The curlier that men's hair is, the harder it is to comb back and the more that it will stick up. Even with four inches of hair length you will have problems combing back and slicking back your hair if you have coiled curly hair or kinky curly hair. If you do not know what these terms mean then read this men's hair type guide:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...Kinky-hair

It is best that you also post pictures. Normally a moderator would upgrade your account when they see that it would be good for you to post pictures. So try and see if you can post pictures of your hair. If you cannot still then post it here and I will contact one of the moderators for you. But if you can post pictures then that would be great to see what is occurring with your slicked back undercut.

So please reply with the following:
  1. What is your hair length?
  2. What is your hair type?
  3. Post some pictures of your hair and the problem with your undercut hair slicked back so that we see how it sticks to the side and cannot be combed back.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Side part slick back Keith_H21 0 189 11-01-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: Keith_H21
  I need help with wearing my hair back. daily_aenima 0 136 11-01-2016 02:45 PM
Last Post: daily_aenima
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 265 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 186 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo