Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected slicked back hairstyle advice for wavy hair
08-18-2015, 02:06 AM
Disconnected slicked back hairstyle advice for wavy hair
Hey all! Been a lurker for awhile but this is my first post. As I feel this is a wonderful knowledge resource, I figured it was time to ask for some tips before I get my next touch-up.

I guess I'll start by saying that I am a redhead and I have wavy (type 2 curls?), wiry, at times almost clumpy hair that grows seemingly faster than most people's. With my recent haircut (about 2 weeks ago) I decided to go with the two-step undercut style with a slick back (i.e. Jake Gyllenhaal in Prisoners). I bought the pomade and comb recommended in that thread, and for the most part it looks pretty good. However I'm extremely picky about my hair to the point of almost being neurotic about it.

I have since started to become more partial to the more "disconnected" look. I wish I could post some pictures of myself to specify what I'm talking about with my hair. While looking disconnected at certain angles, it sort of looks more like just a regular slick back at other angles.

I had it cut by a friend who cuts hair as a hobby, so she's no professional but I think she does a good job. My main gripe is that there's not much definition between the sides and the "slick". Kinda hard to describe without pictures but I understand rules are rules!

Any and all suggestions/recommendations/tips/critiques given the information I posted here (hair type, thickness, style)? Thanks in advance for any assistance and if anyone would allow me to share some pics to clarify I would be more than willing to do so. I'm open to any suggestions despite being partial to the styles mentioned above. I tend to be drawn toward the more edgy looks while still maintaining some classiness.

Thanks in advance!

-Drew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,230 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 454 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  Help for growing out wavy voluminous hair! M.R88 0 300 07-21-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: M.R88
  Black Men Haircuts: Disconnected Haircut Ideas for Curly Hair TheMensHairForum 1 310 07-19-2016 12:34 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum