Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected haircut with slicked back undercut hair tips
08-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Disconnected haircut with slicked back undercut hair tips
Hey guys, anyone know how I would get around this? Last haircut I got everything cut to an even length as I heard that makes it easier to slick back. This isn't the main point but I've lost a lot of volume compared to when I had the top an inch or two shorter on top than the front. But last time I had my fringe about 5 inches it wouldn't slick back because of the short hairs on top. Is loss of volume common with even length hair?

Anyway so my main question is:

The sides and back are tapered but if I were to get an undercut it would be way too high because of the tapered sides. If I leave the top of the sides and shave everything below, they're only about 2 inches long, my fringe being 4. So I'm at a loss here.

I'm assuming I'll either have to get everything cut down to one length again and start the undercut there and not make the same mistake, or just shave everything below the longest hairs on the side and wait patiently for them to grow long enough to slick back.

I really want it disconnected though, it won't slick back properly and I'm thinking it's the tapered hairs that are too short getting in the way.

Oh and I have quite thick hair and I've heard about 6/7 inches is best for it to slick back without flopping to the side or forward, which it is doing now at 4 inches

if anyone has any advice that would be great and sorry for the essay here hah
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 20,488 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Product and haircut advice needed it Jrt0808 0 111 10-08-2016 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jrt0808
  What to ask for to get this haircut? DAE93 0 185 10-08-2016 10:37 AM
Last Post: DAE93
Star Curtains hair style or bowl haircut, which hairstyle is better? MrPinkLipstick 1 172 10-06-2016 11:49 AM
Last Post: Sertinjo