Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected Haircut Styles for Men - Undercut Hairstyle, Quiff, Mid Contour Cut
03-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Photo Disconnected Haircut Styles for Men - Undercut Hairstyle, Quiff, Mid Contour Cut
We have lots of discussions about the undercut, the taper cut, the regulation cut and other cool haircuts, so I wanted to open this thread to discuss disconnected haircut style ideas. There are so many male hairstyle variations with the disconnected haircuts, it's unreal! I know you guys love lots of hairstyle pictures in the discussions so I'll post this first set of pictures in a collage with its proper hairstyle name.

Maybe we can develop this thread progressively with more disconnected haircut pictures. I;m a fan of the vertical hairstyles with the disconnect haircut so I'll try to post some more pictures in the future when time allows. For now I will leave you with this selection of hairstyles with disconnected haircuts! Smile

Names of the disconnected hairstyles from the top down and left to right. I've also posted links to the hairstyles' threads in the forum.
  1. Modern slicked back undercut.
  2. Parted quiff.
  3. Pompadour with fade haircut.
  4. Businessman haircut with side part.
  5. Undercut with modern side part.
  6. Pompadour with fade haircut (the taper looks like it finishes on the hairline to skin but I can't confirm 100% so please confirm if you know whether it's a fade or taper cut).
  7. Sided quiff.
  8. Undercut with modern side part.
  9. Brush up hairstyle with mid contour cut.
  10. Parted quiff with mid contour cut.
  11. Messy pompadour (looks almost like the elephant trunk style).
  12. Messy faux hawk.
[Image: 018225f9afd518e62067d920214d3da2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Disconnected Haircut Styles for Men - Undercut Hairstyle, Quiff, Mid Contour Cut
Can I ask you then, what's a disconnected haircut?

I'm sorry for the newbie question but I just can't tell exactly what it is and I've seen words like disconnected hairstyles used in this forum before so it looks like it's some important hairstyle name. From what I have been able to read I am guessing that it has to do with the hair length different in haircuts that have shorter sides and back, but I just don't know for sure. That's the main commonality above in the pictures of those disconnected hairstyles.

I opened a new thread to ask this but I referenced your thread as an example of the different disconnected haircuts. So I thought I would also ask at the source. Thanks! Smile
03-30-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: Disconnected Haircut Styles for Men - Undercut Hairstyle, Quiff, Mid Contour Cut
Yes, you're correct on your thoughts on what's a disconnected haircut. It's a haircut that has a big difference in hair length between the top and lower areas of the head, in this case between the top of the head and sides and back of the head.

The hairstyles I posted are disconnected hairstyles in that they are affected by the rapid taper cuts on the sides and the back. The rapid taper cuts are disconnected haircuts. Right you can have a disconnected hair cut as an undercut, taper haircut, fade haircut, high and tight (I just saw the new forum guide, great read!), mid contour, long taper and as many other mens haircuts.

You also have to consider where the disconnection occurs. It's usually where the temples start, which is the uppermost part of the sides of the head. The disconnection can follow a horizontal line without any deviations, like the undercut, or it can be curved, like a mid contour cut or regulation haircut. If you want to see very visible disconnections, read the high and tight forum guide in the link as the high and tight haircut is all about a sharp edge making the actual disconnection in the haircut.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 96 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 280 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 192 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 219 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander