Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between undercut haircut and fade haircut
02-08-2015, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 03:41 PM by Bradley.)
Difference between undercut haircut and fade haircut
Lads I saw in another thread how a fade haircut was mistaken for an undercut. This is a common mistake because of the short length below the disconnected haircut line. Usually an undercut is cut with such a short clipper number that it looks like the smooth taper in a fade haircut to the un-trained eye.

I posted in the other thread giving both haircuts explanation but just wanted to let you all know with another example. This is a recent picture of a fade haircut. See all the hair mass on the top, then you have the disconnected hair cut, it happens in a very short amount of length.

[Image: YG3gI01.jpg]

The second picture is the one from the other thread too. Same cut pattern. The hair is styled back in a modern slick back. The same hairstyle aesthetics are shared between the fade haircut and the undercut haircut when there's a lot of length on the top Smile either of the two haircuts are great for the slicked back hairstyle!

[Image: bESUwfx.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Fade haircut confused with Undercut.
Thanks for the pictures of the haircuts, Bradley. It's easy to confuse a very high fade haircut with an Undercut, or even a very short fade cut. This is made more complex when we factor in a medium to long length of hair, since the disconnected line is hidden by the amount of hair on the top of the head, as clearly illustrated in your barbershop pictures.

Great job and thanks for clarifying this particularly-common men's haircut mistake!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 265 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 186 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 211 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,000 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum