Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between a fade haircut and a high and tight haircut?
04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Difference between a fade haircut and a high and tight haircut?
I'm unsure on whether this picture is of a fade haircut or a high and tight haircut. Yet I've yet to learn the difference between a fade and a high and tight.
My belief is that fade haircuts are always confused with high and tight haircuts because of the disconnected haircut. But aren't they both different hairstyles?

Can anyone with a trained eye tell if this is a fade haircut or a high and tight haircut? thanks dudes! Smile

[Image: 6Qs07xC.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Difference between a fade haircut and a high and tight haircut?
That picture is of a skin fade and not of a high and tight haircut. I see this mistake all the time when hairdressers will give a gent a high fade or skin fade when asked for a high and tight.

A high and tight has hardly any smoothing of the edges. It even looks better with no smoothing. That's why they call military men with high and tight haircuts as jarheads. The sharp edge of the hair on the top looks like the top of a jar.

I see this mistake all the time with hairdressers and we've had lads come to our barbershop with skin fades that were given by hairdressers who assured the poor guy that he was getting a high and tight. Good thing that the fix is very easy, just pass the hair clipper over the fade and you've got yourself a brand new high and tight.

Now this is what a proper high and tight haircut looks like. Ask for your money back if they give you a fade for a high and tight!

[Image: 0kN5jyG.jpg]
04-29-2015, 07:11 AM
That my friend is a fade.
04-30-2015, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 12:56 PM by Robert.)
Alex I think Brad put it as clear as it could be said. That pic you posted is a fade haircut and not a high and tight.
With the high and tight you would see a marked line going across the head like you see in the high and tight picture posted by Brad.
You can see how the fade haircut ends very high which from what i have seen is the most common mistake as it can look like a high and tight with the right lighting. But if the hair disappears slowly but surely then it's a fade!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 269 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 189 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 213 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,005 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum