Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Difference between Top Knot hairstyle and Man Bun hairstyle?
09-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Difference between Top Knot hairstyle and Man Bun hairstyle?
Hello friends! Can I ask the forum experts and barbers from the forum what is the difference between the top knot hairstyle and the man bun hairstyle?

I understand that these two hair styles have that bun on the head but the bun for the topknot looks like a smaller bun compared to the bun from the manbun. Also I think that the top knot has the sides with the back very short. Is this correct? I would love to know the difference between the man bun and the top knot because I am seeing these two hairstyles for the future! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2015, 06:20 AM
The difference between the top knot and the man bun is about the length of the hair.
The difference between a top knot and a man bun is that a top knot only requires the hair on the top of the head to be tied into the bun while the hair on the sides and back of the head is not tied and is kept shorter than the hair on the top. The hair length for the hair on the top of the head is between six and eight inches. On the other hand, a man bun has all the hair on the head tied into the bun so the hair on the sides and back of the head is just as long (or very close) as the hair on the top of the head.

If the hair on the sides and back of the head is buzzed into an undercut haircut while the hair is long than eight inches on the top of the head, then you have a man bun undercut hairstyle and not a top knot. The main requirement for the top knot is that the hair on the top never exceed eight inches in length. This minimum hair length for the top knot is what makes the bun in the topknot look so small and hence the "knot" name for the bun.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut hairstyle with longer sides to stop Asian hair from sticking out? pt3407 0 30 Yesterday 05:52 AM
Last Post: pt3407
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 52 12-06-2016 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 107 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 300 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98