Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did barber make a mistake? Growing out help 0 0
Did barber make a mistake? Growing out help
08-01-2018, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2018 04:40 PM by MiklN9.)
Question Did barber make a mistake? Growing out help
Hey all,

This is my first post here, I couldn't find any other forum that resembled a place where people may be able to help until now!

So my question is; I am currently growing my hair out so that I can tie it up "man-bun" style. Been working on it for a while now. I decided to do it because I moved to an area where that is pretty big at the moment and also because I used to have long hair as a teenager but never knew what to do with it so ended up cutting it and wearing it short for the past 14+ years. Now, (and remembering that I always used to get comments on the thick waviness and texture of my hair when it was long), I thought I'd give it another go except this time actually style it with the help of a barber.

So last night, I decided to go into my barber (men's grooming salon type place, not just a cheap cuts or whatever) and get the split ends cut off to stimulate growth (or so I've been told). Problem was that my usual barber wasn't there and instead was some man who didn't speak very good English. As a result, I think he misunderstood me and cut off more than what I asked for.

He did cut off split ends, however he cut around my ears and back of my neck quite short. My hair was at a stage where it was almost covering my whole ear, and now it sits neatly above the ear. The top is still quite long despite the split ends cutting, but I'm just worried by cutting it so short above the ear and back of my neck that he has completely undone the progress? I am not sure if it is normal, or if for what I want (man bun style) the shape he has now made it is going to be harder (take longer) to get there. My hair looks great when grown out, but it takes forEVER to get there and I'm getting a little tired of wearing hats all the time.

Any advice? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing out uneven hair oms96 0 165 08-07-2018 06:18 PM
Last Post: oms96
  Growing out buzz cut with weird hairline Jamestroe 0 217 06-28-2018 04:02 AM
Last Post: Jamestroe
  Growing Out Hair, Need Advice Vanwelson 0 243 05-12-2018 08:44 PM
Last Post: Vanwelson
  What do I tell my barber if I want this hair? BP0215 0 483 08-14-2017 10:15 PM
Last Post: BP0215